9.2 Updating Department Managers
Purpose: Use this document as a guide to update or manage local college Department Managers in ctcLink.
Audience: Finance Staff.
Updating or Managing Department Managers
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Design ChartFields > Define Values > ChartField Values
- The ChartField Values main page displays.
- Select the Department link.
- The Department search page displays.
- Select the Find an Existing Value tab.
- Enter the SetID (local college business unit).
- Enter or look up the Department number.
- Select Search.
- The Department results displays.
- Select the plus icon.
Select the View All link or use the forward and back buttons to view all existing Effective Dates.
- In the Manager ID field, enter or look up the new Manager ID.
- Select Save.
Note: The Status of the old effective dates can remain 'Active' for the system will defer to the most recent effective date.
The new Effective date defaults to the 'current' date and optional to manually update. Avoid overlapping effective dates in ctcLink.
- Process complete.