9.2 Modifying CRC or FPC Grant Award End Dates
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to modify the End Date of a Cost Reimbursable (As Incurred) or Fixed Price Contract Grant Awards, as in a No Cost Extension.
Audience: Finance/Grant Fiscal Staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC Awards Processing
- ZD Grants-Contracts Inq
- ZZ Awards Processing
- ZZ Grants-Contracts Reports
You must also set these User Preference Definitions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or User Preference Definitions, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Modifying CRC or FPC Grant Award End Dates
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Grants > Awards > Modify End Dates
Please Note: In order to maintain balance between the Grant-side and Contract-side of an Award, the End Date must be updated on all four sets of tables; Contract lines, Associated Projects & Activities, Award Funding and Award Modifications. Once this process is completed, please submit a Service Ticket to request your project's End Date be updated in Commitment Control.
- The Modify End Dates search page will display. Enter or look up the Business Unit.
- Enter or look up the Award ID or Project Number.
- Select Search.
- The Search Results will display below. Select the Results.
- The Modify End Dates page will display. Review the Award's five tables with listed End Dates.
- Select all the corresponding tables to update the End Dates.
- Select the checkbox for Contract Lines.
- Select the checkbox for all Associated Projects & Activities.
- Select the checkbox for Award Funding.
- Select the checkbox for Award Modifications.
- Select the checkbox for Project Team Members.
- Scroll down to view the bottom of the page.
- In the Copy End Dates Section, enter the New End Date, 06/30/2020.
- Select Copy New End Date.
- Select Save.
- Upon saving, a message will alert you to a new process (GM_PRJ_KKUPD) that will run automatically to update the commitment control end date in the ACT_KK and DETAIL_KK ledger groups. You must still submit a service desk ticket to have SBCTC adjust the commitment control end date in the PROJECT_KK ledger group. Select the OK button.
Upon saving your page, the Contract Lines, Associated Projects & Activities, and Award Modifications will be updated to reflect the New End Date. However notice the Award Funding's date has remained the same. The Commitment Control End Date will need to be changed by SBCTC. You can check your commitment control dates by selecting the Commitment Control tab in the Associated Projects & Activities section of the page.
- Review your Award ID changes to confirm it has updated to the new end date of 08/31/2023.
Even though the End Dates were updated, please submit a Service Desk Ticket to extend the end date in Commitment Control.
- Submit a Service Desk ticket (Using Request Type: ctcLink Support > Finance > Grants) requesting the Project end date be extended in Commitment Control. Please include the name of the Grant Name, Project ID, and new End Date.
- Process complete.
Add your comment