Entering Grades - Faculty Center (Fluid)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to enter grades in Fluid, using the Faculty Center section of the CS Staff Homepage.
Audience: Student Services staff.
My Schedule will display your class schedule for the current term. In this display, you are able to view a different term’s schedule, view a different display option, view your class roster, and view your grade roster when available. If needed, change the term to the appropriate term for grading.
Navigation: ctcLink CS Staff Homepage > Faculty Center Tile
- The Faculty Center page displays.
- Select the My Schedule menu item if not defaulted. (Located on the left menu choices).
- Select the Grade Roster icon (second icon from left, under My Teaching Schedule) to the left of the class listing for which you would like to enter grades.
- The Grade Roster displays.
- Select the View All link to see the entire roster.
- By default, only 20 students are displayed. View All will display a maximum of 100 students per page.
- Choose the Select All button near the bottom of the page. By selecting all students, you can apply one grade to all students.
- You can also select or deselect students individually.
- Select the Grade drop-down field to select the grade. It is located directly below the Select all button.
- Select the grade input to apply to the selected students.
- Select the "<- Add this grade to selected students" button to apply the grade to all rows.
- Select the Save button.
If you attempt to navigate away from the roster without saving the grades that you entered, you will receive a warning message. Always select "Save" after entering your grades.
- To prepare for the next section, select the Clear All link to remove the checkmarks from the selected population.
Grades Entered for an Individual Student
- Select the Roster Grade drop-down list and apply the appropriate grade to the individual student(s).
- If you assign certain non-passing grades to students, a Last Date of Attendance becomes required. If applicable, enter the student's Last Date of Attendance.
- Select the Save button after entering your grades.
- Select the Approval Status list. The status should be changed to Approved, but only after all grades are entered and verified for accuracy. After the status is changed, grade change options are no longer accessible.
- If grade changes need to be made after saving an Approved roster, change the status back to Not Reviewed. This will allow you to make the necessary grade changes. Once the grade changes are complete, change the Approval Status back to Approved before saving.
Note: Once the grades are saved in Approved status and posted, contact the Records and Enrollment office to make changes to the posted grades.