9.2 Create External Transactions
Purpose: Create External Transactions using ctcLink.
Audience: Settlement Manager, GL Accountant.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Treasury Bank Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Note: Use the External Transactions page to modify or insert additional external transactions for a bank account. You also use this page to add new external transactions. After you enter the transactions, you run the Bank Reconciliation process to reconcile them automatically or use Semi-Manual Reconciliation page to reconcile the transaction.
Create External Transactions
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Banking > Reconcile Statements > External Transactions
- Enter existing search criteria or select the Add a New Value tab on the External Transaction page to add a new value.
- Enter or select the appropriate Bank ID of the bank
- Enter or select the appropriate Bank Account number of the bank.
- Enter the transaction number of the externally generated bank transaction that you want to reconcile in the Transaction Reference ID field.
- Enter the date of transaction date of the externally generated bank transaction that you want to reconcile in the Transaction Dt (date) field.
- Select the Add button.
- Use the Transaction Header tab to enter the amount in the Tran Amount field.
- Select the Transaction Details tab
- Use the Transaction Code drop-down button to select the type of transaction, such as fee expense, interest, etc.
- Enter a description in the Transaction Description field.
- Enter or select the appropriate Accounting Template ID to specify the accounting template that the system uses to generate the correct accounting entries.
- Select the Save button.
Note: Transactions entered without an Accounting Template can be reconciled in Banking but no entry will be made to the GL.
- Process complete.