9.2 Process Bank Statement Accounting
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for processing bank statement accounting in ctcLink.
Audience: Settlement Manager, GL Accountant.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Treasury Bank Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Bank Statement Accounting is an automated process for force reconciling bank statement lines that were not reconciled because there were no corresponding PeopleSoft transactions.
Once Automatic Reconciliation is run and there are NTF or MSC exceptions a user can run Bank Statement processing to force reconcile the bank statement line and create an external transaction.
Bank Statement Accounting
Bank Statement Accounting Rules
Bank Statement accounting provides additional flexibility in assigning an accounting template to the external transaction. A user is able to assign more than one accounting template to a statement activity. Rules are then established so that the Bank Statement Accounting process will determine which accounting template from statement activity type to use.
The rules that created are for a statement activity type uses the addenda field on the bank statement line. The rules are designed in such a way to look for specific character patterns in the description field.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Banking > Administer Reconciliation > Bank Statement Accounting
Note: Bank Statement Accounting rules for a statement activity type is for a specific bank account. This is done because the information that is provided may differ by bank.
If you want to build new rule then you can communicate to ERP support team and send them the rule detail. They will create rule for you.
Note: If no rules were created for a statement activity type, then the Bank Statement Accounting process will use the Activity Default Template.
Process Bank Statement Accounting
The Bank Statement Accounting process takes all reconciled transactions and tries to match them to a defined rule ID (or rule IDs). If the system matches a transaction only to the defined activity default template, then the system does not reconcile the transaction. Instead, the transaction is assigned an exception status of RR (Requires Review BSAC). In addition, the system creates an associated external transaction with a reconciliation status of UNR. You can then review this external transaction and make the necessary changes to facilitate correct reconciliation. After correcting the external transactions, you must reconcile the transaction using one of two methods. Either force reconcile the transaction using the Automatic Reconciliation page, or reconcile it using the Semi Manual reconciliation page.
Prerequisite: This process cannot be run until after running reconciliation from the Process Reconciliation page.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Banking > Reconcile Statements > Process Statement Accounting
- Enter an existing Run Control ID or select the Add a New Value tab on the Process Statement Accounting page to add a new value.
- Enter a name for the Run Control in the Run Control ID field.
- Select the Add button.
On the Process Statement Accounting page, enter the appropriate bank statement processing parameters:
- Enter or select the bank ID in the Bank ID field.
- Enter or select the bank account number in the Bank Account # field.
- Enter or select a specific statement ID or you can leave Statement ID field blank and the system will run the selected process for all statements that are not marked “C” (complete).
- Select the Run button.
- In Process Scheduler Request page, select the OK button.
- A Process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check its status.
- Select the Process Monitor link.
- Use the Process List page to view the status of submitted process requests.
- The process has finished successfully when the Run Status column indicates ‘Success.’
- Process complete.