9.2 Approve Settlements
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for reviewing and authorizizing the release of scheduled treasury payments ctcLink.
Audience: Settlement Manager, GL Accountant.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Treasury Approvals
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
If you enable settlement authorization workflow, the system submits payments to the appropriate Worklists for approval. If you enable auto approval, the system marks the payments as approved and ready for dispatch.
If you enable manual settlement approval, you must manually approve the payments on the Settlement Approval page.
If you do not enable automatic settlement approval, the system automatically marks the payments as approved and ready for dispatch.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Cash Management > Settlements > Approve Settlements
Alternate navigation: select Approve Settlements from the Settlement Manager page.
- The Approve Settlements page displays.
- Set up your preferences by selecting the Preferences link in the right upper part of the screen. You can set Source Unit and/or Bank Code.
- Enter or select From Date and To Date.
- You can use the Status list to limit your search criteria by selecting a status value of Denied, Selected, or Unselected. Leave the default status value of Unselected.
- In the Settlement Search Criteria section enter the search criteria for the payment(s) that you want to process.
- Select Search to display a list of payments.
- In the Select column, select the settlements that you want to approve or deny for payment.
- Select the Approve Payments button to approve settlements for payment processing. The status of the payments will change to "Approved", and they will be sent through ctcLink Financial Gateway.
- Select the OK button.
- In the Status column, note that the settlement payments you just approved now show a status of "Approved".
- Optionally, you can select the Deny Payments button to deny the selected settlements for payment.
- Select the Settlement Information tab to access the settlement information.
- Select the Settlement Details tab to view the status of the approved settlement payments.
- Optionally, you can select the View Payment Life Cycle button to access payment details and events in the lifecycle of this settlement.
- Select Review Settlements to review settlement. Please refer to the Review Settlements QRG for further instructions.
- Process complete.