9.2 Dispatching Payments
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for dispatching payments in ctcLink.
Audience: Settlement Manager, GL Accountant
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Treasury Maintenance
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
You dispatch payments in Financial Gateway by running the Payment Dispatch process. You can run this process manually or schedule it to run at a specified time using the Process Scheduler.
When the Dispatch on Load check box is selected on the Source Registration page, the payment dispatch process is executed for each message ID upon payment load.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Financial Gateway > Process Payments > Payment Dispatch
- The Payment Dispatch page displays.
- In the Search Fields section of the page, complete the applicable fields for your Business Unit.
- Use the Edit User Preferences link to define how certain elements of the Dispatch Payments page are displayed and how they will function.
- Select Search.
- The Paymentssection can be used to perform the following activities:
- Under the Select column, select the payments to be dispatched or flagged for hold. This field is unavailable for entry for payments that have already been dispatched.
- Select the Dispatch Settlements button to send selected payments to the banks.
- Select the Payment Notes button to access the Payment Notes page, which you use to add and view comments about the specified transaction. Comments added here appear only online within the Financial Gateway system—including the event log—for the particular payment.
- Select the Addenda Information button to access the Addenda page, which you use to add additional instructions for the specified payment. Instructions will appear within the actual payment file.
- Select the Transfer to Source button to access the source application to view detailed information about the specified transaction.
- Select the Review Payment Details button to access the Review Payment Details page to view the payment progress, events, and detailed information on the transaction.
- Select the Review Payment Files link to review payment file transmittal information.
- Process complete.