9.2 Reconciling Externally Generated Transactions
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to reconcile externally generated transactions in ctcLink.
Audience: Settlement Manager, GL Accountant.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Treasury Bank Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
The Bank Reconciliation process flags bank transactions (such as overdraft fees, interest, or other miscellaneous fees) as MISC (miscellaneous) exception items because there are no corresponding system transactions. By associating statement activity types with these items, Treasury Management generates accounting entries for them when you force them to reconcile based on the ChartFields that are specified in the Accounting template that is assigned to the statement activity type.
In addition to processing these types of transactions, you can also enter transactions online using the External Transactions page or insert them into the Bank Reconciled Transactions table, which corresponds to the External Transactions page. After you enter the transactions, you run the Bank Reconciliation process to reconcile them automatically. The process tries to match them to corresponding bank transactions.
Reconcile External Transactions
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Banking > Reconcile Statements > External Transactions
- The External Transactions search page displays. It defaults to the Find an Existing Value tab. In this example, we'll create a new value.
- Select Add a New Value.
- Enter External Bank ID.
- Enter Bank Account #.
- Enter Transaction Reference ID.
- Enter Transaction Dt.
- Select Add. The External Transactions page will display.
- The External Transactions page displays existing transactions that meet your search criteria and allows entry for adding transactions.
Note: A transaction is unavailable for edit if you have reconciled it.
- Use the Transaction Header tab to enter the amount in the Tran Amount field.
- Select the Transaction Details tab. The Transaction Details tab will display.
- Use the Transaction Details tab to enter the Transaction Code from the drop down list to select the type of transaction, such as fee expense, interest, et al.
- Enter Transaction Description.
- Enter the Accounting Template ID to specify the accounting template that the system uses to generate the correct accounting entries.
Note: Transactions entered without an Accounting Template can be reconciled in Banking but no entry will be made to the GL.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.