9.2 Manually Approving Settlements
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for manually approving settlements in ctcLink.
Audience: Settlement Manager, GL Accountant.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Treasury Approvals
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
If you enable settlement authorization workflow, the system submits payments to the appropriate Worklists for approval. If you enable auto approval, the system marks the payments as approved and ready for dispatch.
If you enable manual settlement approval, you must manually approve the payments on the Settlement Approval page.
If you do not enable automatic settlement approval, the system automatically marks the payments as approved and ready for dispatch.
Manually Approving Settlements
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Cash Management > Settlements > Approve Settlements
- The Approve Settlements page displays.
- In the Settlement Search Criteria section, enter the search criteria for the payment that you want to process.
- Select Search.
- The Payments-(All) section of the page populates.
- Select a payment.
- Select one of three actions:
- Select Approve Payments to approve settlements for payment processing. The Status of the payment changes to "Approved" and the payment is sent to Financial Gateway. Note: The status will not change immediately to "Approved" if you are using workflow for settlements requiring additional approval based on the dollar amount; OR
- Select Deny Payments to deny settlements for payment processing. The Status of the payment changes to "Denied". Note: You cannot deny a payment after the automated accounting process has run for the settlement; OR
- Select Pushback. Pushback is a feature which allows an approver to request an earlier approver to reconsider her action. This is possible only when the approver in question is not the first person in a sequence of approvers.
- Process complete.