9.2 Running Process Bank Reconciliation
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for running process reconciliation in ctcLink. This process will match and reconcile one-to-one transactions between the bank transactions and the system transactions based on the matching rules.
Audience: Settlement Manager, GL Accountant.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Treasury Bank Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Navigation: Banking > Reconcile Statements > Process Bank Reconciliation
Running Process Reconciliation
This process relies on and requires that the system-generated check number length exactly match the length of the check number reported by the Bank. In order for this reconciliation process to run to success, this check number length must be in sync.
Usually this will not be the case, so an external effort with the Bank is required in order to get the check number lengths in sync. Please work with SBCTC Functional Support on this matter by opening up a Service Desk Ticket.
- The Process Bank Reconciliation search page displays.
- If you have run this process or report in the past, select the Find an Existing Value tab to enter an existing Run Control ID and select the Search button. If this is the first time running this process or report, select the Add a New Value tab to create a new Run Control ID and select the Add button.
- NOTE: It is important to note that Run Control IDs cannot be deleted. Do not include spaces in your Run Control. We encourage the Run Control ID to have the same process naming convention but unique to the step; because of this, including your institution code and a short process description in the Run Control ID is recommended--e.g., WA040_BANK_RECON (College, Process).
- The Process Reconciliation page displays. Enter your process frequency and request parameters:
- Use the Process Frequency drop-down button to select the ‘Always Process’ option.
- Enter the appropriate request number in the Request Number field. Leave this as one (1) unless you are running multiple requests.
- Enter or select the bank ID number in the External Bank ID field.
- Enter or select the bank account number in the Bank Account # field.
- Enter or select the appropriate statement number in the Statement ID field. – You can enter a specific statement ID or you can leave Statement ID blank and the system will run the selected process for all statements that are not marked “C” (complete).
- Select Run.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays.
- Select only the Bank Reconciliation Process. This runs the FSPRECON Application Engine process. This program processes the specified bank account transactions with the defined reconciliation parameters for the bank account.
- Select OK.
Note: It is recommended that you select only one method to run at a time instead of selecting multiple methods to run concurrently.
- The Process Scheduler Request page disappears. The updated Process Reconciliation page displays. Note the Process Instance number.
- Select Process Monitor. Refer to the Process Monitor QRG for instructions.
- Use the Process List page to view the status of submitted process requests. Note: The process has finished successfully when the Run Status column indicates ‘Success.’
- Process complete.