9.2 Budget Checking Requisitions
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for budget checking requisitions in ctcLink.
Audience: Purchasing staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Requisition Entry
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Budget checking can be accomplished one requisition at a time or in batch. The following instructions refer to the batch processing method and will budget check all requisitions in Approved status. Refer to the Fundamentals QRG titled Running Reports, Jobs, and Queries for additional information about running jobs (generally) in ctcLink.
Budget checking Requisition in Batch
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Purchasing > Requisitions > Budget Check
- The Requisition Budget Check run control ID search page displays. Enter an existing Run Control ID or select the Add a New Value tab on the Requisition Budget Check page to add a new value.
- Enter a meaningful Run Control ID for the accounting entry creation process in the Run Control ID field.
- Select Search if you're using an existing run control ID. Select Add if you're creating a new one.
- The Budget Check page displays. Use it to enter the request parameters. These parameters will be used to define the processing rules and data to be included when the process is run.
- Select Always Process.
- Enter a short description in the Description field.
- Enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Additional fields can be used to narrow down the processes from ALL to a specific group of transactions or just one transaction.
- Select Run.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays. Use it to enter or update parameters, such as server name and process output format.
- If applicable, use the Server Name drop-down button to select a processing server for the request.
Note: You can leave the Server Name field blank.
- Select OK.
- The Process Scheduler Request page disappears.
- The updated Budget Check page displays. Note the Process Instance number.
Note: A Process Instance number appears. This number helps you identify the process you have run when you check its status.
- Select Process Monitor. Refer to the Process Monitor QRG for instructions.
- Process complete.