Requesting Preferred Name
Purpose: Use this document to request a preferred name change in Employee Self Service in ctcLink.
This action will initiate a change, HR will approve and make final changes in system.
NOTE: This Quick Reference Guide (QRG) applies to transactions entered into ctcLink as of 4/13/2023.
Navigation: HCM Employee Self Service > Personal Details (tile) > Name (tile)
- On the Name page, select the arrow to the right of the Current Name, to open the Name page.
- On the Name page, the Change As Of date field defaults to the current date. Change date as appropriate.
- Select the Preferred First Name field and enter the Preferred First Name.
- Select the Preferred Last Name field and enter the Preferred Last Name (or leave default last name if no change is needed).
- The Display Name, Formal Name and Name fields update to reflect the names entered.
- NOTE: If you have attachments related to this transaction, you can upload them by selecting the Add Attachment button.
- Select Save.
The request has now been successfully sent to HR for approval and processing.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
Video Tutorial via Panopto
View the external link to Requesting Preferred Name. This link will open in a new tab/window.