ESS Absence Balances (Fluid)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for an employee to view their absence balances in ctcLink.
Audience: All Employees
If the end user views Absence Balances for a job that does not use Absence Management for an Absence System, they will see the message: "There are no current balances to display", which is accurate. However, if they switch to another job that uses Absence Management for an Absence System and has leave balances, the employee will still see the message "There are no current balances to display".
This issue can be avoided by selecting the job that uses Absence Management for an Absence System from the very beginning and then the employee will be able to view the respective Absence Balances.
Navigation: HCM Employee Self Service (Homepage) > Time (Tile)
- The Time tiles page displays.
- Click the Absence Balances tile.
- The Balances page displays.
- If the employee has multiple jobs that are Absence accrual eligible, they must select the relevant Job to view.
When an employee has multiple jobs, a link will display under the employee name and title in the upper-left corner of the page.
The link is labeled Select Another Job. When clicked, the Change Job Selection window displays with the available jobs to select from.
- Balances will populate that can be requested against that Job.
- Balances shown are the balances prior to processing current requests relevant to the pay period. New balance information is updated after the close of the pay period determined by the HR processing schedule of the local college HR department.
End of procedure.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View the external link to ESS Absence Balance (Fluid). This link will open in a new tab/window.