ESS Request Absence (Fluid)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for requesting time off for employees in ctcLink.
Navigation: HCM Employee Self Service > Time > Manage Absences
NOTE: If the user has multiple jobs, select the appropriate job by clicking the Select Another Job link under the employee name and title in the upper-left corner of the page. The Change Job Selection window displays with the available jobs to select.
Click the appropriate job from the list.
- The Manage Absences page displays.
If there are any recent requests, they will display with Absence Name, date, duration and status.
There are also Related Actions associated with these existing requests to View Absence or Cancel Absence if necessary.
- In the Create a new Request section, enter or select a Start Date and End Date for the absence.
- Select Absence Name from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Apply Absence button.
- The Balance for the selected Absence Name displays along with some additional fields.
- Use the Reason drop-down menu to select an appropriate reason for the absence. (This is an optional field in most situations.)
NOTE: If the Absence has to do with FMLA, the Absence Reason is required.
- Based on the Start Date and End Date, the Duration will dynamically generate.
- If the Absence is not for a full day, select Partial Days.
NOTE: PTF will always submit Partial Day absences.
From the Partial Days drop-down menu, the available options (depending on the duration) are:
- None: no part of the absence is a partial day
- All Days: every day of the absence is a partial day.
- End Day Only: the last day of the absence is a partial day.
- Start and End Days: both the start and the end days of the absence are partial days.
- Start Day Only: the first day of the absence is a partial day.
- If Partial Days is chosen the user must indicate: Is the day a Half Day? (Yes or No).
- If the answer is no, enter the Duration (number of hours for the partial day absence).
- Select the Done button to return to the Manage Absences page.
Comments are available for the employee and typically are used to provide information to support the request. These are optional.
NOTE: these cannot be deleted from the system and are considered public records).
- Click the Submit button.
- Select the Yes (Status will change to Submitted).
End of procedure.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View the external link to ESS Request Absence. This link will open in a new tab/window.