9.2 Viewing or Updating Direct Deposit Information in ESS
Purpose: Use this document to view or change/update US direct deposit information in ctcLink Employee Self Service.
Viewing or Updating Direct Deposit Information in Employee Self Service
Important: One of the bank accounts needs to be set up as Deposit Type of Remaining Balance. In the case of multiple accounts, the remaining funds will be automatically paid to the Remaining Balance account.
Pre-notification is required when employees add or update direct deposit data via Employee Self Service.
Navigation: Employee Self Service > Payroll
- Select the Payroll tile from the Employee Self Service home page.
- Select Direct Deposit from the Payroll navigation collection on the left side of screen.
- The Direct Deposit page displays.
- You can view the list of your existing direct deposit accounts with details.
- Select the account to open the Edit Account window.
- The Edit Account pagelet displays.
- If you are not making changes, select the Cancel button to return to the Direct Deposit page.
- If you select the Remove button, a warning message will appear advising you that if you remove the account, you cannot add a new account(s) until the following day.
- If you select Yes to proceed with removing your direct deposit bank account information, you will be routed to the Direct Deposit page and the following message will appear: “You are not allowed to add any direct deposit entries today. You will be able to add direct deposit data tomorrow.”
- To make changes to your bank account information on the Edit Account page:
- Nickname - Enter a unique account name for each direct deposit entry.
- Payment Method has been set to Direct Deposit.
- Routing Number - Enter the routing number. (The system validates the Bank Routing Number). Select the information (i) icon to view sample checks with routing number format.
- If you make a mistake entering the routing number, an error message displays.
- Select OK to close the message.
- The Edit Account page displays.
- Account Number and Re-type Account Number: Select the pencil icon to enter the bank account number for the checking or savings account into which you want the money to be deposited.
- Pay Distribution: Enter pay distribution information.
- Account Type: Select account type. Valid values are Checking or Savings.
Deposit Type: Select the deposit type. Valid values are Amount, Percent or Remaining Balance.
- Amount: Select this option if a fixed dollar amount should be deposited in this account.
- Percent: Select this option if a specific percentage of your net pay should be deposited in this account.
- Remaining Balance: Select this option if the balance of your pay is to be deposited in this account.
NOTE: One of your accounts needs to be set up as Deposit Type of Remaining Balance. In the case of multiple accounts, the remaining funds will be automatically paid to the Remaining Balance account.
- When selecting Save, your direct deposit account information is updated and you will be routed to the Direct Deposit page.
- You will receive an email notification that your direct deposit request has been successfully submitted. The email will show the date and time, based on the system date and time, when the action took place.
- Process complete.