HCM Security - Change User Name displayed in the Portal
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to change the User Name displayed in the Portal.
Audience: HCM College Security Administrators
Change the User Name displayed in the Portal
Making a change to the user name in the HCM pillar will effect the employee's name in all pillar areas.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > PeopleTools > Security > User Profiles > Distributed User Profiles
Because the above mentioned navigation is used in all pillar areas, ensuring you are working in the HCM pillar will maximize efficiency and minimize overall work.
- On the Distributed User Profile search page, on the Find and Existing Value tab, enter the User ID in the User ID begins with field.
- Select the Search button.
- On the Distributed User Profiles page, select the ID tab.
- On the ID tab, in the User Description section, enter the new name in the Description field.
- Select the Save button.
- The name change is now saved in all three pillars and that new Description (name) will now display in the Portal.
- End of procedure.