9.2 Enroll by Class Search to Shopping Cart
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for enrolling by class search to the shopping cart through the Manage Classes tile on the ctcLink Student Homepage.
Audience: Students; Student Services staff.
Enroll by Class Search to Shopping Cart
Navigation: Student Homepage
- Select the Manage Classes tile.
- The Manage Classes menu is displayed on the left.
- Select the Class Search and Enroll link on the left menu.
- If multiple terms are available, a list of colleges and terms displays.
- Select the college and term for enrollment (if applicable), displaying the Class Search and Enroll page.
- Users can search using the following options:
- Input a Keyword: Input words that may be found in the course and class descriptions, subject, or class topics.
- Select from Favorites: Displays courses added to favorites from previous schedule searches.
- Select from Recently Viewed: Displays classes recently viewed in Class Search
- Select Additional Ways to Search: Allows users to search by subject, catalog number and/or instructor. We'll choose this method for this example.
- The Additional ways to search pagelet displays.
- Enter applicable search criteria from the following drop-down fields:
- Available Subjects
- Catalog Number
- Instructor Last Name
- Select the Search button.
- The Class Search Results display.
- Note: Additional filters are available in the left menu to limit results after this high level search is performed.
- Select the View Classes arrow.
- The available class sections display.
- Select the hyperlink from the Class row to view class details.
- The Class Information page displays.
- Use the tabs in the Class Information page to view additional class details.
- Select the [X] on the top-right to close the Class Information page.
- The Course Information list with class sections.
- To enroll in a section select the right arrow [>] at the end of the row for that class section.
- The Class Search and Enroll guide displays in Step 1 of 4: Review Class Selection.
- Select the Next link at the top-right of the page.
- The Step 2 of 4: Review Class Preference page displays.
- Input Wait List preference or Permission Number (if applicable) and select the Accept button.
- The Step 3 of 4: Enroll or Add to Cart page displays.
- Students have the ability to add the class to their Shopping Cart and search for additional classes prior to enrollment or to process the enrollment for the individual course. Select Add to Shopping Cart or Enroll then the Next link.
- The Step 4 of 4: Review and Submit page displays.
- Select the Submit button.
- A Submit confirmation message displays.
- Select the Yes option to confirm submission.
- A message bar at the top of the page appears to confirm the course has been added or errors will display. Typical errors may be not meeting an enrollment requirement, a time conflict, full class, etc.
- The updated Confirmation page displays.
When you're ready to enroll in the classes that you've added to your Shopping Cart, please refer to the Enroll from Shopping Cart (Fluid) QRG.
- Process complete.