Okta - Activating Your ctcLink Account
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for activating your account in ctcLink.
Audience: College Faculty, Staff and Students.
First time users must first login via gateway.ctclink.us in their web browser before accessing their account through the mobile/device ctcLink app (either using the HCX app or HCX browser link.)
If you experience any issues with sign on credentials, user names, passwords, or student ID numbers, please contact your college Help Desk and/or college Advisor.
Note: Ensure that pop-up blockers are disabled in your browser.
Activate Your ctcLink Account
- Navigate to the ctcLink Sign In page (https://myaccount.ctclink.us/ or https://gateway.ctclink.us) or the Activate Your Account page from your college’s website. (If you select Activate Your Account, start with Step 3 below).
- Select the Activate Your Account link toward the bottom of the page.
- Select the OK button when the redirection pop up message displays.
- The Activate Your Account page displays.
- Enter your First Name and Last Name. Please make sure you have entered your name correctly. (If your legal name is a single name—such as Pran, Madonna or Nani - you must enter a hyphen (-) in the First Name field and enter your single name in the Last Name field.)
- Enter your Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY) as shown or use the calendar icon.
- From the drop-down menu select:
- ctcLink ID (new) if you are a new student or employee.
- SID (old) if you are a current or returning student or employee.
- Enter either your ctcLink ID or SID.
- Select the Submit button.
Set Your Password
- The Set Your Password page displays. This page is used to set up your password and your account recovery options. Enter your preferred Email address.
- Select the Security Question from the drop-down menu.
- Provide the Answer to your security question. (Must be at least 6 characters and may not contain a word from the question.)
- Additional Account Recovery options located in the Account Recovery box.
- Enter Phone Number for text (SMS) option.
- Enter Phone Number for voice option.
- Create your Password. (At least 8 characters, including at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter and one number. Special characters may be used but are not required. Do NOT use all or part of your first or last name as part of your password.)
- Confirm your Password.
- Select the Submit button.
- A pop-up message displays.
- Make note of your ctcLink ID.
- Select the OK button.
- The Account Activation confirmation message displays.
- Close the browser tab.
*NOTE - Please close your browser before attempting to log in to ctcLink.
PLEASE NOTE: When prompted to close your browser(s), make sure to close ALL browsers completely for update to take place.
- Make note of your new ID and Password.
- You have successfully activated your ctcLink account.
- End of procedure.