Okta - Setting Up Your Password Recovery Options
Purpose: Use this document to understand the various account (password) recovery options available through your ctcLink account and how to update them.
Audience: College Faculty, Staff and Students
If you experience any issues with sign on credentials, user names, passwords or student ID numbers, please contact your college Help Desk and/or college Advisor.
Note: Ensure that pop-up blockers are disabled in your browser.
- Navigate to the ctcLink Sign In page (https://gateway.ctclink.us).
- Enter your ctcLink ID into the ctcLink ID field.
- Enter your password into the Password field.
- Select the Sign in button.
- The Set up additional security page displays.
- Select the additional level of security you wish to use for password resets and authentication.
For help troubleshooting issues regarding your account (password) recovery options, please contact your college help desk.
- Change your password by entering information into the fields for:
- Current password
- New password
- Confirm new password
- Select the Change Password button in the bottom right of the box.
- A notification that your password has been changed will display. A notification will also be sent to your primary email address.
- To delete the phone number used to receive text messages for forgotten passwords, select the Delete button in the bottom right corner of the Forgot Password Text Message box.
- To update the phone number used to receive text messages for forgotten passwords, select the Edit button.
- Enter the new phone number you wish to use to receive codes via text message, then select the Send Code button to verify that it works.
- To delete the phone number used to receive voice calls for forgotten passwords, select the Delete button in the bottom right corner of the Forgot Password Voice Call box.
- To update the phone number used to receive voice calls for forgotten passwords, select the Edit button.
- Enter the phone number (and extension if applicable) you wish to use to receive a code via phone call, then select the Call button to verify that it works.
- Extra verification increases your account security when signing in to Okta and other applications you use. If you would like to remove or edit a particular type of authentication type, select the Remove button to the right.
- A pop-up notification displays asking if you are sure you want to remove the authentication type. Select the green Yes button to remove the authentication type from the extra verification options.
- Once authentication type has been removed, it can be set up again with your new preference by selecting the Set up button.
- Process complete.