Mobile (HCX) - Biographical Information
Purpose: Use this document to reference the biographical information from the My Profile menu in the Mobile application.
The college mobile applications will look a bit different between the various colleges. This guide is intended as a general overview. Please note that your college may have other images and options available.
- Log into HCX.
- Select My Profile from the sidebar navigation.
- The My Profile menu expands.
- Select the Biographical Information menu item.
- The Biographical Information page displays. Notice the four tabs across the top row equal the menu list items on the sidebar navigation.
- Name fields display.
- Enter the name details in the fields.
- Select the Save button.
- Select the Add Name drop-down menu button.
- The drop-down menu choices display.
- Select the type of name you want to add: Preferred or Degree.
- Date of Birth displays. Contact your college's records department if the Date of Birth is incorrect.
- To read the purpose of collecting Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation information, select the information icon.
Why are we collecting this information?
Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity: The primary purpose for collecting sexual orientation and gender identity information is to ensure inclusivity and success for all students in our system. It is imperative, and a system goal, to provide safe places for all students to be affirmed in their identity and learn in an environment free from harassment and discrimination. In addition, this data will assist local colleges in providing services and creating programs and curriculum designed to support student success within the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Select the pencil icon and activate the Gender Identity drop-down menu.
- Select a gender identity.
- Click the Save button.
- Select the pencil icon and activate the Sexual Orientation drop-down menu.
- Select a sexual orientation.
- Click the Save button.
- To add/edit Ethnicity information, select the Edit button.
- The Ethnicity section expands.
- Enter or update your ethnicity information.
- If you selected a race with additional classifications, click the Background tab.
- The Ethnic Background section displays.
- Select a background classification.
- The Biographical Info tab is now fully updated.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View the external link to Mobile (HCX) - Biographical Information. This link will open in a new tab/window.
Please get in touch with your college if you require immediate assistance with ctcLink. Check out the contact information and highlights for each community and technical college.