9.2 Comments & Related Content
Purpose: Provide instruction on how to view and configure student comments.
Audience: CTC staff that would benefit from viewing student information entered as a comment within the CS Pillar.
- Comments = CTC staff will be able to access typed notes entered from the Student Financials, CS Core, and Financial Aid areas.
- Related Content = In PeopleSoft, this is represented as either a “hyper link” on a page or red triangle within a field that (when selected) will display additional written information about the student being viewed at that time.
Navigation: Navigation > Set Up SACR > Security > Secure Student Administration > User ID > 3C Group Security
- The 3C Group Security search page displays.
- Enter User ID (or first few numbers in User ID).
- Select the Search button.
- The 3C Group Security page displays.
- Add the 3C Update/Inquiry Groupsthat apply by selecting on look up icon (magnifying glass).
- Add or remove 3C Groups by using the + (plus) or - (minus) buttons
- Select check boxes.
- Inquiry: Select to enable the user ID to view all data in the 3C group.
- Update: Select to enable the user ID to update, by entering or altering, data in the 3C group.
- Delete: Select to enable the user ID to delete data in the 3C group.
- Select the Save button.
For additional security information, please see CS 9.2 SACR Security: 3Cs Group Security
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD Local Security Admin
- ZZ Local SACR Security Admin
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Please review the QRG 9.2 Comments - Adding a Comment to a Person for additional information.
A different way to access the comment page is to use the text bubble icon from the View Customer Accounts page.
- Select the text bubble for the row of data you're interested in making a comment
The Person Comment page appears in a new window.
- Enter the appropriate Administrative Function - many options are available for the SF area
- The Comment Category field is associated with the Administrative Function, the available options may need to be configured or added depending on your current configuration.
Within the Comment Data section:
- Optional Field - The Comment ID is the ID # of who is adding the note - if left blank, it defaults to your ID #
- Optional Field - Select the Department that most closely matches the comment
- Enter the comment.
- Select the Save button.