9.2 Creating Pay Run IDs
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for creating Pay Run IDs in ctcLink.
Audience: Payroll Administrator.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Payroll Local Config
- ZZ Payroll Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Use the Pay Run Table page to create Pay Run IDs, which will be entered in the Pay Calendar table to combine respective pay groups for processing in a single payroll run.
- Pay Run IDs should be created for the entire calendar year.
- Pay Run IDs must be created before you can enter them on the pay calendar.
- Pay Run IDs for the following year are typically created prior to September 15th of the current year.
- Pay Run IDs must be assigned to each calendar entry before you run the payroll to process the pay groups together. See quick reference guide “Updating Pay Calendar Table” for information on making changes to pay calendar entries.
Create Pay Run IDs
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up HCM > Product Related > Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing Controls > Pay Run Table
- The Pay Run Table run search page displays.
- Select Add a New Value tab.
- Enter the Pay Run ID to be added.
- Select the Add button.
The naming convention for Pay Run IDs results in this format: MMXYYYYCCD (e.g. 08B2017220)
- MM-Calendar Month (e.g. January = 01, December = 12)
- X-Letter A or B to represent the 1st and 2nd half of the processing month (e.g. A period = 1-15th day of the month)
- YYYY- Calendar Year
- CCD - Company Code (e.g. 220 = Tacoma Community College)
- The Pay Run Table page displays.
- Enter the Description and Short Description of the Pay Run ID.
- Select the Save button.
- The Pay Calendar Data group box will display all pay groups from the pay calendar entries grouped under this Pay Run ID. After you enter the Pay Run IDs on the Pay Calendar table, return to this page to check the pay calendar data assigned to each Pay Run ID
- NOTE: To create additional Pay Run IDs select Add button and repeat steps 2 through 5. for each payroll in the calendar year.
- The process to create a run ID is now complete.
- End of procedure.
Add your comment