9.2 ESS Request Absence (Fluid)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for requesting time off for employees in ctcLink.
Employee Self Service Requeest Absence
Navigation: Employee Self Service (Homepage) > Time (Tile) > Request Absence (tile)
- The Time homepage displays.
- Select the Request Absence tile.
- The Request Absence page displays.
- If the user has multiple jobs, select the appropriate Job from the drop-down menu.
- Select Absence Name from the drop-down menu.
- (Optional) Select Absence Reason.
- NOTE: If the Absence has to do with FMLA, the Absence Reason is required.
- Select a Start Date.
- Select an End Date.
- Based on the Start and End Date, the Duration will dynamically generate.
- If the Absence is not for a full day, select Partial Days.
- NOTE: PTF will always submit Partial Day absences.
- None: no part of the absence is a partial day.
- End Day Only: the last day of the absence is a partial day.
- Start Day Only: the first day of the absence is a partial day.
- Start and End Days: both the start and the end days of the absence are partial days.
- All Days: every day of the absence is a partial day.
- If Partial Days is chosen the user must indicate:
- Is the End Day a Half Day? (Yes or No).
- If the answer is no, then how many hours is the partial day absence for? (Duration in hours).
- Select the Done button to return to the Request Absence page.
- (Optional) Comments are available for the employee (NOTE: these cannot be deleted from the system and are considered public records).
- Select the Submit button.
- Select the Yes (Status will change to Submitted).
- The process to request an absence is now complete.
- End of procedure.