Mobile (HCX) - Accept/Decline Awards
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how accept/decline Financial Aid Awards using your mobile device.
The college mobile applications will look a bit different between the various colleges. This guide is intended as a general overview. Please note that your college may have different images and options available.
- On the Mobile (HCX) Springboard page, select the ctcLink Login tile.
- The ctcLink Login page displays.
- Enter your ctcLink ID.
- Enter your Password.
- Select the Sign In button.
- The Dashboard displays.
- Select the Financials icon from the sidebar menu.
- The Financials side bar menu expands.
- Select Accept/Decline Awards from the Financials sub-menu.
- The Accept/Decline Awards page displays.
- Using the Financial Aid Year drop-down list box, select the Financial Aid Year you want to display. In this example, the student only has financial aid for one year. We will select 2020-2021.
Note: The 3 tabs under the Financial Aid Year, New (2), Accepted (2) and Declined (0). The title for each tab includes the number of Awards listed in that tab.
- The selected Financial Aid Year data displays.
- The New tab lists 2 Awards. Students can choose to Accept, Decline or Cancel an Award using this page. In this example, we will Accept the first Award, Subsidized Direct Ln 1-New Fee.
- Select Accept from the Actions drop-down list box for this Award.
Note: The Totals at the bottom of the page BEFORE we accept the additional Award are Offered amount: $5301.00 and Accepted amount: $3,901.00.
- Notice that the amount of the Award can be reduced by updating the Accepted amount. In this example, we will accept the Offered Amount.
- Select the Submit button when you are finished Accepting, Declining and Canceling Awards.
Note: The Totals at the bottom of the page AFTER we have accepted the additional Award are Offered amount: $5301.00 and Accepted amount: $4,501.00. The newly accepted award amount, $600.00, has been added to the total Accepted amount.
- The success pop-up tells us that 1 Award has been successfully submitted.
- Select the Got It button.
Note: The 3 tabs under the Financial Aid Year have been updated to New (1), Accepted (3) and Declined (0).
- The Accept/Decline Awards page refreshes.
- Notice that there is now only one Award in the New tab.
- Select the Accepted tab.
- The Accepted tab displays.
- Now, the Award we just accepted, Subsidized Direct Ln 1-New Fee, is listed along with the previously accepted awards, Federal Pell Grant and Supplemental Educ Opp Grant.
- That's it! You have reviewed the Accept/Decline Awards function in ctcLink's Mobile (HCX).
Please get in touch with your college if you require immediate assistance with ctcLink. Check out the contact information and highlights for each community and technical college.