Mobile (HCX) - Accept/Decline Awards
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how accept/decline Financial Aid Awards using your mobile device.
The college mobile applications will look a bit different between the various colleges. This guide is intended as a general overview. Please note that your college may have different images and options available.
- On the Mobile (HCX) Springboard page, select the ctcLink Login tile.
- The ctcLink Login page displays.
- Enter your ctcLink ID.
- Enter your Password.
- Select the Sign In button.
- The Dashboard displays.
- Select the Financials icon from the sidebar menu.
- The Financials side bar menu expands.
- Select Accept/Decline Awards from the Financials sub-menu.
- The Accept/Decline Awards page displays.
- Using the Financial Aid Year drop-down list box, select the Financial Aid Year you want to display. In this example, the student only has financial aid for one year. We will select 2020-2021.
Note: The 3 tabs under the Financial Aid Year, New (2), Accepted (2) and Declined (0). The title for each tab includes the number of Awards listed in that tab.
- The selected Financial Aid Year data displays.
- The New tab lists 2 Awards. Students can choose to Accept, Decline or Cancel an Award using this page. In this example, we will Accept the first Award, Subsidized Direct Ln 1-New Fee.
- Select Accept from the Actions drop-down list box for this Award.
Note: The Totals at the bottom of the page BEFORE we accept the additional Award are Offered amount: $5301.00 and Accepted amount: $3,901.00.
- Notice that the amount of the Award can be reduced by updating the Accepted amount. In this example, we will accept the Offered Amount.
- Select the Submit button when you are finished Accepting, Declining and Canceling Awards.
Note: The Totals at the bottom of the page AFTER we have accepted the additional Award are Offered amount: $5301.00 and Accepted amount: $4,501.00. The newly accepted award amount, $600.00, has been added to the total Accepted amount.
- The success pop-up tells us that 1 Award has been successfully submitted.
- Select the Got It button.
Note: The 3 tabs under the Financial Aid Year have been updated to New (1), Accepted (3) and Declined (0).
- The Accept/Decline Awards page refreshes.
- Notice that there is now only one Award in the New tab.
- Select the Accepted tab.
- The Accepted tab displays.
- Now, the Award we just accepted, Subsidized Direct Ln 1-New Fee, is listed along with the previously accepted awards, Federal Pell Grant and Supplemental Educ Opp Grant.
- That's it! You have reviewed the Accept/Decline Awards function in ctcLink's Mobile (HCX).