Mobile (HCX) - Browse Classes
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for browsing classes on a mobile device.
The college mobile applications will look a bit different between the various colleges. This guide is intended as a general overview. Please note that your college may have different images and options available.
- On the Mobile (HCX) Springboard page, select the ctcLink Login tile.
- The ctcLink Login page displays.
- Enter your ctcLink ID.
- Enter your Password.
- Select the Sign In button.
- The Mobile (HCX) Dashboard displays.
- Select the Class Information icon from the sidebar menu.
- The Class Information page displays.
- Select Browse Classes sub-menu item.
- The Browse Classes page displays.
- Select search criteria to narrow your search. Start by selecting the Term you are interested in browsing. In this example, we will select Spring 2021.
Note: Term is a required search field.
- Next, select a Subject. In this example, we will select Automotive Technology.
- Select the Search button.
Note: When entering words in the Search box, the list of classes will narrow as you type. No need to select the Search button again.
- To further refine your search, you can enter one or more words in the Search box. In this example, we entered "Toyota". The Automotive Technology classes with Toyota in the title displays.
- Find a class that you want to view and select the View Sections button.
Note: The search results may appear different depending on the device you are using and your screen size. Examples are included below.
- The selected class displays.
- Find a section that you are interested in and select the Chevron (>) or the View button to view more information about the class. In this example, we will select the LAB.
- After reviewing the class information, select the Bookstore button in the Textbooks section.
Note: The website and tabs may look different depending on your device and browser.
- A new browser tab or window opens displaying the school's bookstore website.
- After reviewing the bookstore website, close the new browser tab or window and return to Mobile (HCX) Browse Classes page.
- A new browser tab or window will open displaying the school's bookstore website.
- In the Details section, select the See Location button.
Note: You can use the + and - buttons zoom in and out to get a better feel for the location.
- The school's campus map displays indicating the location where the class will meet.
- Select the X in the upper right corner to close the map.
- The class page displays.
- In the lower right corner of the class section, select the Additional Actions ellipsis (three dots).
- Select the Share list item.
- The Share Class pop-up displays.
- You are able to share the class on Social Media Networks or via email. Another option is to copy the link to share the class with friends.
- Select the X in the upper right corner to close the Share Class popup window.
- Another way to Share a class is to select the Additional Actions ellipsis (three dots) in the upper right corner of the class section.
- Then, select the Share menu item.
Note: There may be additional options in the Additional Actions menu.
- That's it! You have now reviewed the Browse Classes function in ctcLink's Mobile (HCX).
Please contact your college if you require immediate assistance with ctcLink. Check out the contact information and highlights for each community and technical college.