Mobile (HCX) - Browse Classes
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for browsing classes on a mobile device.
The college mobile applications will look a bit different between the various colleges. This guide is intended as a general overview. Please note that your college may have different images and options available.
- On the Mobile (HCX) Springboard page, select the ctcLink Login tile.
- On the ctcLink Login page, enter your ctcLink ID.
- Enter your Password.
- Select the Sign In button. The Mobile (HCX) Dashboard will display.
- On the Mobile (HCX) Dashboard, select the Class Information icon from the sidebar menu.
- Select Browse Classes from the Class Information submenu. The Browse Classes page will display.
- On the Browse Classes page, select search criteria to narrow your search. Start by selecting the Term you are interested in browsing. In this example, we will select Spring 2021.
Note: Term is a required search field.
- Next, select a Subject. In this example, we will select Automotive Technology.
- Select the Search button.
Note: When entering words in the Search box, the list of classes will narrow as you type. No need to select the Search button again.
- To further refine your search, you can enter one or more words in the Search box. In this example, we entered "Toyota". The Automotive Technology classes with Toyota in the title will display.
- Find a class that you want to view and select the View Sections button.
Note: The search results may appear different depending on the device you are using and your screen size. Examples are included below.
- Find a section that you are interested in and select the Chevron (>) or the View button to view more information about the class. In this example, we will select the LAB.
- After reviewing the class information, select the Bookstore button in the Textbooks section. A new browser tab or window will open displaying the school's bookstore website.
Note: The website and tabs may look different depending on your device and browser.
- After reviewing the bookstore website, close the new browser tab or window and return to Mobile (HCX) Browse Classes page.
- In the Details section, select the See Location button. The school's campus map will display indicating the location where the class will meet.
Note: You can use the + and - buttons zoom in and out to get a better feel for the location.
- Select the X in the upper right corner to close the map.
- In the lower right corner of the class section, select the Additional Actions ellipsis (three dots).
- Select the Share menu item.
- From the Share Class popup window, you are able to share the class on Social Media Networks or via email. Another option is to copy the link to share the class with friends.
- Select the X in the upper right corner to close the Share Class popup window.
- Another way to Share a class is to select the Additional Actions ellipsis (three dots) in the upper right corner of the class section.
- Then, select the Share menu item.
Note: There may be additional options in the Additional Actions menu.
- That's it! You have now reviewed the Browse Classes function in ctcLink's Mobile (HCX).