Mobile (HCX) - Dashboard
Purpose: Use this document as a reference using and customizing the Mobile (HCX) Dashboard in the college Mobile Application.
The Mobile (HCX) Dashboard offers access to several widgets. Each widget displays pertinent information about a topic that may be of interest to you. The widget displays even if there is no current information to provide. Each widget also has a Go to link (looks like an arrow in a box) that allows you to display more information about that topic. These widgets are displayed on three tabs, General, Academics and Financials.
Note: The college mobile applications will look a bit different between the various colleges. This guide is intended as a general overview. Please note that your college may have different images and options available.
- On the Mobile (HCX) Springboard page, select the ctcLink Login tile.
- The ctcLink Login page displays.
- Enter your ctcLink ID.
- Enter your Password.
- Select the Sign In button.
- The Mobile (HCX) Dashboard displays.
- When the Dashboard first displays, the General tab is active. Notice there are six different widgets available on this tab. The Message Center is where you will find messages from your college. To Dos is where you will find activities the college has assigned to you. The other widgets are self-explanatory.
- Select the Academics tab to review the widgets available there.
- The Academic tab displays.
- Notice that there are several helpful widgets on the Academic tab. In addition to a widget for Grades and another for Student Exams, there is a Class Schedule widget with a wealth of information to explore.
- Select the Financials tab to learn what is available there.
- The Financials tab displays.
- Again, there are several useful widgets here on the Financials tab including a summary of your Financial Aid. The What I Owe tab will tell you, you guessed it, what you owe the college.
- Now, select the General tab where we will learn about customizing your dashboard.
- The General tab displays.
- Let's customize the Mobile (HCX) Dashboard page. Note that there are six widgets available on this tab, including the Waitlist widget.
- Select the Edit My Widgets button. This button is available in the upper right corner of each tab.
- The Edit My Widgets page displays.
- Notice that all of the widgets are listed by tab. When the checkbox for the widget is selected, the widget displays on that tab.
- Select the Wait List checkbox to remove the Wait List widget from the General tab. When you make a change to the check boxes, the Save Changes button will become available.
- Select the Save Changes button.
Note: The Message Center checkbox is not available; it is "grayed out". The Message Center is where messages from the college displays. It is important for you to view these messages so the Message Center widget will always display.
- A Success pop-up displays to let you know your changes have been saved.
- Confirm that the Wait List checkbox is no longer selected.
- Select the Got It button on the Success pop-up.
- Let's go back to the General tab on the Dashboard to confirm that the Wait List widget no longer displays.
- Select the Expand/Collapse icon (looks like a stack of three horizontal lines) in the upper left corner of the page to expand the sidebar menu.
- Select Dashboard from the sidebar menu.
- The Dashboard page displays.
- Notice that the Wait List widget no longer displays on the Dashboard. There are currently only 5 widgets on the General tab.
- On the Holds widget, notice that each hold has a Chevron (>) at the end. Selecting the Chevron (>), on any widget, will provide additional information.
- Next we will expand one of the widgets by selecting the Go to icon (looks like an arrow pointing out of a box) in the upper right corner of each widget.
- Select the Go To Holds page icon.
- The Holds page displays.
- Notice that there is a Chevron (>) in the upper right corner of each Hold box.
- Select the Chevron (>) for FA Tuition/Class Hold to view additional information about the Hold.
- The Hold detail information displays to the right, as shown below, or on its own page depending on your device and screen size.
- That's it! You have reviewed the Dashboard function in ctcLink's Mobile (HCX).
Please get in touch with your college if you require immediate assistance with ctcLink. Check out the contact information and highlights for each community and technical college.