9.2 Entering Pay Increases Using Steps
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to enter employee pay increases using steps in ctcLink.
Audience: Human Resources and Payroll Specialists.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC HR Employee Maintenance
- ZD HR Central Config VW
- ZD HR Admin View Job Data
- ZD Benefits Employee Data Inq
- ZD HR Employee Maintenance VW
- ZD HR Limited Person Job Info
- ZZ HR Employee Maintenance
- ZZ SS Workforce Administrator
- ZZ FWL HCM Pay Process
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Enter a Pay Increase Using Steps
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
- The Job Data search page displays.
- Enter the Empl ID.
- Select the Search button.
- The Search Results display.
- Select the appropriate Empl Record.
- The Job Data page displays.
- Use the Work Location tab to specify information about an employee’s job, such as:
- regulatory region,
- and location.
- Information on this page reflects the last action for the employee.
- Select the Add a Row button located next to the Go to Row button to record the pay rate change.
- A new Work Location Details row displays.
- Enter the new Effective Date. The system will default to today’s date, but can be modified.
- Select Pay Rate Change from the Action drop-down menu.
- Select the appropriate option from the Reason drop-down menu.
- Select the Salary Plan tab to specify the changes to the employee’s salary plan.
- Select the Salary Admin Plan lookup icon and select the desired code.
- Select the Grade look up icon and select the desired grade.
- Select the Step lookup icon and select the desired step.
- The Step Entry Date will default to the effective date. If the employee is to remain on a specific Step Increment Schedule, the Step Entry date MUST BE manually adjusted accordingly.
- Select the Compensation tab to specify the compensation rate for the employee.
- Select the Default Pay Components button to execute rate code defaults. The rate code defaults specify previously defined values.
- Select the Calculate Compensation button to recalculate the employee’s compensation.
- Select the Save button.
- The process to enter a pay increase using steps is now complete.
- End of procedure.