9.2 Entering Terminations and Retirements
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to enter terminations and retirement in ctcLink.
Audience: Human Resources Specialist.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC HR Employee Maintenance
- ZD HR Central Config VW
- ZD HR Admin View Job Data
- ZD Benefits Employee Data Inq
- ZD HR Employee Maintenance VW
- ZD HR Limited Person Job Info
- ZZ HR Employee Maintenance
- ZZ SS Workforce Administrator
- ZZ FWL HCM Pay Process
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
The termination process triggers the “Auto-Enrollment” process, which adds a benefit termination row for all benefits the employee is currently enrolled in with the effective date of the first of the next month. The Auto-Enrollment process also changes the benefit program to SBO, the program for benefit ineligible employees. This is done so that if the employee is rehired, old benefit enrollments and deductions will not accidentally restart. Also, certain general deductions that are related to benefits end with the same effective date.
Entering a Termination or Retirement
Navigation: Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
- The Job Data search page displays.
- Enter the Empl ID.
- Select the Search button.
- The Job Data page displays.
- From the Work Location tab, select the Add a Row button.
- The new row displays.
- Change the Effective Date to the appropriate date for the termination.
Important: The Effective Date of a termination shows the first day of an employee termination status, NOT the last day worked. The Last Day Worked field populates with the date prior to the effective date. The Override Last Day Worked checkbox can be selected to enter the last date the employee actually worked.
- Select the appropriate action from the Action drop-down menu, e.g. Retirement or Termination.
- Select the appropriate reason from the Reason drop-down menu.
- Select the Save button.
- Update Absence Information accordingly. Select link to QRG for Clearing Balances on Terminated Employees.
- Update Time & Labor Information. Select link to QRG for Maintaining Time Reporter Data.
- Select the Employment Data link.
- Select the Time Reporter Data link.
- Change the Effective Date (this date should match the date on the Work Location tab).
- Change the Status to Inactive.
- Select the OK button.
- Update Benefits Information. Select link to QRG for Terminating an Employee's Benefits.
- Select the Save button.
NOTE: When an employee is terminated, security access is NOT terminated. Each college needs to implement a manual business process for removing an employee’s role based security access.
End of procedure.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
Video Tutorial via Panopto
View the external link to Entering Terminations and Retirements. This link will open in a new tab/window.