9.2 Review and Modify Accounting Entries
Purpose: Use this document to to review, modify and approve automated accounting entries in ctcLink.
Audience: Treasury Accounting Staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Treasury Accounting Maint
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Review and Modify Accounting Entries
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Cash Management > Treasury Accounting > Accounting Entries
- On the Accounting Entries page, select the Find an Existing Value tab.
- Enter or select Business Unit.
- Select Source Code from the drop-down list to select the Accounting Entries to be viewed. In this example, "BSP" (Bank Statement Processing) is selected.
- Select Treasury Accounting Status from the drop-down list. In this example, "Error" is selected.
- Select Search. The Accounting Entries page will display.
- Use the Accounting Entries page to review, modify, and approve automated accounting entries.
- The Acctg Date (accounting date) field displays the date the entry was processed through Automated Accounting, or entered as a manual Accounting Entry.
The Status list indicates the current condition or status of the accounting entry. You can choose from the following values:
- Provisional: The entry is not finalized; you can make any required changes.
- Error: An error exists (only the system can assign this status).
- Final: The entry is ready for the Journal Generator process. You can make changes until the process is actually run and the Distribution Status changes to Distributed.
The Error Status field indicates the error source of an automated accounting entry. Values are:
- None: No error condition exists.
- Unbalanced: Debits/Credits do not equal, but refer to different GL Business Units.
- CF Combo Error: ChartField combination error, the ChartField is invalid.
- No Exchange Rate: The currency exchange rate is missing.
- Account Not Specified: The account was undefined and undistributable.
- IU Processor Error: The centralized processor encountered an error.
- The Acctg Template (accounting template) field displays the name of the accounting template attached to the accounting entry.
- If selected and uneditable, the Requires Review check box indicates that the Review Required option is enabled in the accounting template on which this entry was based.
- You can use the Line Detail tab to view and modify line entries.
- You can use the Additional Details tab to view and modify Additional Details fields.
- You can use the Journal tab to view accounting entries and associated General Ledger journal data.
The GL Status (General Ledger status) column provides information on the entry's posting status. Values include:
- Distributed: Distributed to a General Ledger journal.
- Hold: An error condition exists (the entry must be corrected before Journal Generator can process it), or the entry requires review.
- None: The entry has been created without errors, but has not been processed by the Journal Generator process.
- The Combo Status column indicates whether the ChartField combination that the system built based on the accounting template is valid or invalid.
- Select the Chartfields tab. You can use the Chartfields tab to view and modify ChartField entries.
- In this example, since we have a ChartField Combo Error due to missing required ChartField, we have to provide missing Chartfield values.
- Once you are done updating ChartField values, you can select the Update Accounting button.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.