Review Accounting Summary
Purpose: Use this document to to view line-by-line accounting entries. You can retrieve information according to ad hoc search criteria and navigate to all functional areas of accounting in ctcLink.
Audience: Treasury Accounting Staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD Treasury Inquiry
- ZZ Treasury Accounting Maint
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Review Accounting Summary
Navigation: Cash Management > Treasury Accounting > Accounting Summary
- On the Accounting Summary page, enter or select Business Unit.
- Select Source Code from the dropdown list.
- Enter or select From Date.
- Enter or select To Date.
- Optional to select a Status from the dropdown list or enter additional criteria.
- Select the Search button The results will populate below.
Upon reviewing the results, select the following links to review information:
- Select the Accounting ID link to review the Accounting Entries page.
- Select the Event ID link to review the
Review by Accounting ID
- From the Accounting Summary page, select the Accounting ID link to open up the Accounting Entries page. Review and adjust automated accounting entries and create manual accounting entries online.
The Status indicates the current status of the accounting entry. Values are:
- Error: An error exists, according to the system.
- Final: The entry is ready for Journal Generator processing and is free from errors. The default value is Final.
- Needs Correction: The entry is in error. This status can only be set manually.
- Provisional: The entry is not finalized and can be modified.
Under the Accounting Entries section, select the following tabs to review various information:
- Line Detail tab to view the accounting details for the line item.
- Chartfields tab to view the ChartField values.
- Additional Details tab to view the Additional Details fields.
- Journal tab to view Journal details for the line item.
- Select the Return to Accounting Summary link to return to the Accounting Summary page.
Optional to add documentation by selecting the Attachments link.
Review by Event ID
- From the Accounting Summary page, select the Event ID link to open up the Transactions page. Use this page to view transaction details for the selected accounting event.
- Review the information enclosed on the Origin, Destination, and Beneficiary Address tabs.
- Optional to add documentation by selecting the Attachments link.
- Select the Return to Accounting Summary link to return to the Account Summary page.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
Video Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to Review Accounting Summary. This link will open in a new tab/window.