Review Bank Balances
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for reviewing bank balances in ctcLink.
Audience: Settlement Manager, GL Accountant.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD Treasury Inquiry
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Review Bank Balances
Navigation: Navigator > Banking > Bank Statements > Review Bank Balances
- On the Review Bank Balances page, enter appropriate information in the Search Criteria section:
- Use the Search By drop-down button to select whether to summarize data by a single business unit or by group ID for a group of business units.
- Use the Sum By drop-down button to select bank or currency to summarize the data, if the search parameters return multiple results.
- Use the Select Balance to Graph drop-down button to select the information to appear in a chart: CLOSING AVAILABLE, CLOSING LEDGER, or OPENING LEDGER.
- If you want to generate a graph, select the Generate Graph button.
Note: Depending on the search parameters, a circle or stacked bar chart appears. Hover the cursor over a chart segment to display the balance total for that segment. You must hold the cursor within the graph segment boundaries to view the balance information.
The charting functionality derives data from the bank balances specified as favorite balances on the Balance Codes page. To chart bank balance data, two conditions must exist:
- The Bank Codes page must be configured with three favorite bank balances. However, you can specify new favorite bank balances at any time—the charting functionality derives data from the most recently specified three favorite bank balances.
- There must be data in a favorite bank balance for you to chart the balance. Without data in the system, you cannot create a chart.
The bank balance graph appears at the page bottom.
If the search parameters return a single bank account (only one row of results), the graphed balance appears in a bar chart.
If the search parameters return multiple bank accounts (multiple rows of results) of a single currency, the graphed balances appear as a stacked bar chart, organized per account by bank ID. The individual bar segments are color-coded to a specific account number.
- Enter Stmt Date.
- Select Search.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
Video Tutorial via Panopto
View the link to Review Bank Balances. This link will open in a new tab/window.