9.2 Maintaining Fiscal Period Summary
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for maintaining fiscal period summary in ctcLink.
Audience: Settlement Manager, GL Accountant.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD Treasury Inquiry
- ZZ Treasury Accounting Maint
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
The Fiscal Period Summary page is used to close or lock down the accounting for a specified fiscal period, in preparation for end-of-period financial-report generation and analysis.
This prevents other users from rerunning Treasury Management accounting processes for the closed fiscal period. You can also reset a fiscal period that has been closed in error.
Maintaining Fiscal Period Summary
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Cash Management > Treasury Accounting > Fiscal Period Summary
- The Fiscal Period Summary search page displays. It defaults to the Find an Existing Value tab. In this example, we'll create a new value.
- Select Add a New Value.
- If it doesn’t default, enter or select the appropriate business unit in the Business Unit field.
- Enter or select the appropriate calendar ID in the Calendar ID field.
- Select Add.
- The Fiscal Period Summary page displays.
- To close a fiscal period:
- Select a fiscal year.
- Select an accounting period.
- Select the Close Acctg (close accounting) check box.
- To reset a closed fiscal period:
- Select Reset. The system enables the Fiscal Year and Period fields, and automatically deselects the Close Acctg (close accounting) check box.
- In Reset Reason, overwrite any existing text with the reason for the fiscal period reset.
Note: The Audit Detail tab lists audit information for each row.
Note: When you add rows to existing fiscal period information, the system automatically populates the Fiscal Year and Period fields with the next chronological period.
Note: Rows must be closed in ascending entry order, from first entered row to last entered row. Conversely, rows must be reset in descending entry order.
- Select Save.
- Process complete.