9.2 Review and Resolve Exceptions
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to review and resolve automatically reconciled exceptions in ctcLink.
Audience: Settlement Manager, GL Accountant
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD Treasury Inquiry
- ZZ Treasury Bank Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
This page displays the “Exceptions” detected by the automatic reconciliation process. There are several different types of exceptions: “Amounts not Equal” are transactions that cleared the bank at a different amount than that posted in ctcLink. “Not Found in System” indicates that the payment reference that was found in the bank file did not match a payment reference recorded in ctcLink. This could indicate a manual payment not posted or that the bank did not read the payment reference number as it was recorded in ctcLink.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Banking > Analyze Exceptions > Auto Reconciliation Exceptions
Alternately, you can select Exceptions on the Automatic Reconciliation page - refer to the Running Automatic Reconciliation QRG, Method 1, for further instructions.
- The Automatic Reconciliation Exceptions page displays.
- Based on your security setup, it defaults your bank details or select your Bank ID and Account number.
- Enter Statement ID or enter From Date and Thru Date.
- Select Search.
- The Auto Reconciliation Exceptions section of the page populates.