9.2 Refresh Dynamic Groups
Purpose: Use this document as a reference to refreshing dynamic groups in ctcLink.
Audience: Time and Labor Administrator.
This process runs nightly for all the dynamic groups. When a time reporter is newly enrolled and the timesheet is to be filled soon after on the same day, this process can be run ad-hoc by the college time and labor admins.
Refresh Dynamic Groups
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up HCM > Security > Time and Labor Security > Refresh Dynamic Group
- The Refresh Dynamic Group(s) search page displays.
- Enter an existing Run Control ID and select the Search button.
- If creating a new Run Control ID, select Add a New Value tab and enter the value.
- Select the Add button.
- The Refresh Dynamic Group page displays.
Use Current Date is checked by default.
- If Use Current Date is unselected then the user will need to indicate the As Of Date the refresh should apply to. Typically Current Date is acceptable.
Refresh All Dynamic Groups is checked by default.
- Uncheck the Refresh All Dynamic Groups box and indicate the dynamic groups that will need to be refreshed - typically beginning with the company number in the Groups to be Refreshed.
- Submit a Service Desk ticket in case of any questions or issues.
- Select the Run button.
- The Process Scheduler Request page displays.
- Select the OK button.
- The Refresh Dynamic Group button displays.
- Select the Process Monitor link at the top of the page.
- Select the refresh button until the Process TL_GRP_RFRSH has a Run Status of Success and a Distribution Status of Posted.
- Select the Details link.
- Select the View Log/Trace link.
- Select the .log file to make sure the process ended normally.
- The process to refresh dynamic group(s) is now complete.
- End of procedure.