9.2 Understanding T&L WorkCenter
Purpose: Use this document to learn and understand WorkCenter in ctcLink.
Audience: Time and Labor Administrators.
WorkCenters are designed for specific roles and provide a central area for users to access key components within ctcLink applications. WorkCenter enable users to access various pages and keep multiple windows open while doing their daily work.
Understand the Time and Labor WorkCenter
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Manager Self Service > Time Management > Time and Labor WorkCenter
- The Time and Labor WorkCenter page displays.
- The left pane of a WorkCenter helps to drive the transaction or work area for a user to complete their tasks based on the functional area - this pane is called the Pagelet Area.
- The right pane of a WorkCenter is called the Transaction Area. Your selection in the pagelet area drives you to see it in the transactional area.
- The My Work section of the Main tab includes links to pages that an end user would need to access on a daily basis. The My Work section can also include Approvals and Alerts, where the user would need to take some type of action.
- The My Work section can be personalized by end users by selecting the Pagelet Settings icon and then selecting Personalize.
- The Links section of the Main tab includes additional links to pages or other areas of interest to the user role. A system administrator can determine a list of links that are available to end users, and the end user can personalize which links they want to appear on their WorkCenter. Links to external pages can be placed in this section as well.
- Select the Reports/Processes tab. The Queries section of the Reports/Queries tab includes links to Query Manager, public queries, private queries and pivot grids. The system administrator can determine if an end user can add public or private queries.
- The Reports/Processes section of the Reports/Queries tab includes links to reports and processes. The links take you to the run control page for reports, processes and the Reporting Console.
- Select the Others tab. The Others tab displays Workforce Availability and status of the respective employees. From this page, you can navigate quickly to Time Calendar: Daily or Weekly pages.
- The process to review and understand the Time & Labor WorkCenter is now complete.
- End of procedure.