9.2 Overriding Rules for a Day
Purpose: Use this document to override rules for a day within ctcLink.
Audience: Time and Labor Administrator.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- <there are no college-grantable roles>
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
The Override Rules page tells the system to bypass rules processing for the day for the time reporter. Time Administration sends reported time, or scheduled time for an exception reporter that did not positively report anything, to Payable Time and will not process any rules on that time.
When Time Administration is initiated, it extracts records from the Time and Labor Intermediate Payable Time table for any days with reported time that have been overridden, into a rules override working table. It then applies rules to all records stored on the Intermediate Payable Time table and updates payable time. As a final step, Time Administration uses the data stored in the rules override working table to replace records found in the final Payable Time table.
Override Rules for a Day
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Time and Labor > Process Time > Override Rules
- The Override Rules search page displays.
- Enter valid value into the Empl ID field.
- Select the Search button.
- The Override Rules page displays.
- Use the Override Rules page to stop Time Administration from processing any rules against the time for the day(s) that you specify.
- Select the Add a New Row button if needed.
- Enter a valid value into the Date Under Report field.
- Select the Save button.
- The process to stop time processing for an employee by overriding rules for a day is now complete.
- End of procedure.