9.2 Prepare a Job Offer (Fluid)
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for recording a Job Offer for the desired candidate in ctcLink.
Audience: HR Recruiter.
Before beginning this process, the designated Hiring Committee should have already conducted interviews and agreed upon a candidate for hire.
This process can be used to route to the candidate for acceptance and/or a Hiring Manager for approval.
Prepare a Job Offer
Preparing an Offer and Updating the Applicant Status/Disposition
Navigation: Home Page > Recruiting
- Select the Recruiting Activities tile.
- The Recruiting Activities page displays.
- From the left side pane, select Search Job Openings.
- The Search Job Openings page displays.
- Enter a specific Job Opening ID.
- Select the Search button.
- The Search Results display.
- Select the Job Opening (Title) hyperlink.
- The Manage Job Opening page displays.
- Locate the candidate who will be receiving the offer.
- Select the Other Actions link.
- Select Recruiting Actions.
- Select Prepare Job Offer option.
- The Prepare Job Offer page displays.
- First validate and complete the Offer Details section.
- The Position Number will default the value entered when the Primary Job Opening was created. If there was no position number assigned the field will be blank. Add/Change, if applicable.
- The Hiring Manager will default the name/Empl ID entered when the Job Opening was created. If there was no Hiring Manager assigned to this opening, the field will be blank. Add/Change if applicable.
- The Recruiter will default the name/Empl ID entered when the Job Opening was created. If there was no Recruiter assigned to this opening, the field will be blank. Add/Change if applicable.
- The Status defaults to Extend. Change if applicable.
- Select the status from the Reason drop-down menu.
- The Offer Date will default to today's date, change if needed.
- Enter the Start Date.
- The Offer Expiration Date will default to 15 days after the Offer Date. Change if needed.
Selecting the Recommended Salary Range will assist you in entering the appropriate salary. This information comes from the Job Code associated with the opening.
- Use the Job Offer Components section to enter the salary details related to offer.
- Select the Component from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Offer Amount.
- Select the Frequency from the drop-down menu.
- You can add multiple Components to an Offer by selecting Add Offer Component.
- Use the Offer Letter and Offer Attachment sections to generate letters and/or upload contracts related to the offer.
- Select the Letter type from the drop-down menu.
- Select one of the three options;
- Generate Letter
- Upload Letter
- Email Applicant
- You can include Offer Attachments once the Offer has been Saved and/or Submitted, by selecting the Add Applicant Attachment and/or Add Organizational Attachment.
- Use the Comments box to add comments for hiring manager approving the job offer.
- Enter directly in the Comments text box to type your comment.
- You can add multiple Comments by selecting the Add Another Comment button.
- Select the Submit link (if offer not complete, select the Save as Draft link).
- A message box will appear confirming that your offer has been submitted to the applicant.
- The Applicant's Disposition has now changed from Interview to Offer.
- The process to prepare a job offer is now complete.
- End of procedure.