9.2 Setting Up and Reviewing Report Control Information
Purpose: Use this document as reference for setting up and reviewing control information for 1099 withholding control information in ctcLink.
Audience: Finance Staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ 1099 Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Note: 1099 Withholding Report Control information is used to set up transmitter and payer information. This is something that should be done for each year’s 1099 Processing, even if you ran 1099 Processing in PeopleSoft the previous year.
Setting Up and Reviewing Report Control Information
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Procurement Options > Withholding > Report Control Information
- On the Report Control Information search page, select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter your college's SetID
- Enter a new Control ID.
- Select ADD. The Report Control Information page will display.
Note: It is highly recommended that the Control ID includes the district and reporting year, i.e., “WA010_2020”.
- On the Report Control Information page, select the Payor Data tab.
- In the Transmitter Information section, select the Supplier Software Indicator checkbox This will allow PeopleSoft Financials to produce the 1099 IRS file and Copy B forms.
- Enter Transmitter Name 1.
- Enter Transmitter Name 2.
- Enter Tax ID. The Tax ID should be numbers only with no spaces and hyphens.
- Enter Transmitter Cntl Code. The Transmitter Control Code is provided by the IRS upon submission of your Form 4419.
- Enter Contact Name1.
- Enter Contact Email Address.
- Select the Go To Address icon (envelope) in the Transmitter Information section. The Transmitter Address page will display.
Note: When entering names, use the PeopleSoft Format (LastName,FirstName), using no space between the names.
- On the Transmitter Address page, enter the address fields.
- Select OK. The Transmitter Address page will close.
- On the Report Control Information page, select the Telephone icon in the Transmitter Information section. The Transmitter Phone Page will display.
- On the Transmitter Phone Page, enter the Transmitter Phone Info.
- Enter the Contact Phone Info.
- Select OK. The Transmitter Phone Page will close.
- On the Report Control Information page, in the Payer Information section, enter Payer Name 1.
- Enter Payer Name 2.
- Enter Control ID. The Control ID is the 1099 Calendar Year being processed.
- Enter Payer Tax ID.
- Enter Employer's Ref #.
- Enter HMRC Office #.
- Enter Accts Office Ref #.
- Select the Go To Address icon (envelop) in the Payer Information section. The Payer Address Page will display.
- On the Payer Address Page, enter Payer Address Information.
- Select OK. The Payer Address Pager will close.
- On the Report Control Information page, select the Telephone icon in the Payer Information section. The Payer Phone Page will display.
- On the Payer Phone Page, enter Payer Phone Info.
- Select OK. The Payer Phone Page will close.
- On the Report Control Information page, select the Suppliers and Business Units tab.
- Select the All Suppliers checkbox in order to process all withholding suppliers that are consistent with the Business Unit specified.
- Enter your District Business Unit in Business Units.
- Select the Piggyback States/Numbers tab.
- The Piggyback States section displays the states participating in the combined federal and state 1099 filling process.
- Select the Process? check box for each relevant state to tell the IRS which states need copies.
- Do not enter Payer State Numbers. These fields are used if state taxes have been withheld from the Supplier.
- Select Save to setup the new Report Control Information.
- Process complete.
Add your comment