Performing Voucher Build
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for performing voucher build, view process messages, and review build errors in ctcLink. The Voucher Build process is for vendor payments as well as SF Student or AR refunds.
Audience: Accounts Payable staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Voucher Processing
You must also set these User Preference Definitions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or User Preference Definitions, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Regardless the data source, the same Voucher Build process is run. For example, Payment Vendor Payment, SF Student Refunds, and AR Refunds.
It is recommended to establish each user with the specific access associated with their job duties and is not recommended to simply copy one user's access to another user as this could lead to overallocation of access. However, there are situations where a group of staff within a single department all require the same access to perform similar work. In that case, the COPY function provides the ability to apply all Process Group definitions from one user to another without having to search and enter each Source Transaction and Process Group combination.
Please refer to the QRG 9.2 FSCM Security - Process Groups
Navigation: Accounts Payable> Batch Processes > Vouchers > Voucher Build
- On the Voucher Build Request search page, select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter a Run Control ID.
- Select Add. The Voucher Build Request page displays.
- On the Voucher Build Request page, enter or select the Run Control Options;
- Enter Request ID.
- Enter Description.
- Enter From Date
- Enter To Date
- Select Process Process Option.
- Select Voucher Source*.
- In the Selection Parameters section, enter or look up your college Business Unit.
- In the Interfaces Section, select "All Interfaces" in Voucher Build Interfaces. The Contract Voucher Action field will display.
- Under Contract Voucher Action, select Build Voucher.
- Select Run. View the Process Scheduler QRG for additional instructions.
*PRO TIP: To select all Sub System Vouchers, select Voucher Sources to "All (Unrestricted)".
- Use the Process Messages tab to monitor a voucher build processing run.
- Review the messages that the Voucher Build process produces. These are the same messages that appear in the Process Monitor.
- The Request Status group box shows the current status of the request. A process instance number appears after you run the request.
- The Details group box shows the time, severity, and text of the message.
- Click Refresh Log to display the messages that the run generated.
View Voucher Build Errors by selecting the Build Errors tab and follow the steps below. To find errors from past Voucher Build runs, follow the navigation: Navigation: Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Maintain > Voucher Build Error Detail.
- Use the Build Errors tab to review a log of any voucher errors that occur during a voucher build processing run.
- In the Details section, select the links under Error Messages and Review Errors to navigate to pages where you can view error details and correct errors.
Errors that are logged include both pre-edit and recycled vouchers.
- By selecting the Error Messages icon to access the Voucher Build Error Detail page, you can view Voucher Build process error details for the voucher and transfer to the appropriate error correction component:
- Quick Invoice Entry component for vouchers with pre-edit errors.
- Voucher component for vouchers in recycle status.
- Select the Correct Errors button to access the appropriate error correction component directly.
- Section complete.
By the time Student Financials Student Refunds are journalized into Finance, they are pre-approved and 'staged' for payment. Use the following steps as a guide to help process SF Student Refunds in Finance.
Navigation: Reporting Tools > Query > Query Viewer
- The Query Viewer displays.
- In the Search By field box, enter QFS_AP_VOUCHER_STAGING.
- Select Search to view the results below.
- Select Run to HTML.
- Enter the Business Unit.
- Select View Results.
- Open a new window to navigate to continue the Voucher Build process.
Navigation: Accounts Payable > Batch Processes > Vouchers > Voucher Build
- The Voucher Build Request page displays.
- If you have run this process or report in the past, select the Find an Existing Value tab to enter an existing Run Control ID and select the Search button. If this is the first time running this process or report, select the Add a New Value tab to create a new Run Control ID and select the Add button.
- NOTE: It is important to note that Run Control IDs cannot be deleted. Do not include spaces in your Run Control. We encourage the Run Control ID to have the same process naming convention but unique to the step; because of this, including your institution code and a short process description in the Run Control ID is recommended--e.g., WA100_VOUCHER_BUILD (College, Process).
- The Voucher Build main page displays. In the Run Control Options section, enter in the desired criteria;
- Request ID.
- From Date and To Date.
- Process Option defaults to Business Unit.
- Optional to select Voucher Sources = All (Unrestricted) which will pull from all Sub Modules.
- In the Selection Parameters section, enter your college's Business Unit.
- In the Interfaces section, select XML Invoice to pull all SF Vouchers that are 'staged' for payment.
- Select Run.
Optional to use the From Date and To Date to capture specific SF Vouchers within a date range. Leaving the date fields blank will populate all available vouchers.
Refresh the page, select the Refresh Log button, or select the Process Monitor link to view the process status. For more information on this process, please refer to the Process Scheduler/Process Monitor.
- On the main Voucher Build page, select the Process Messages tab to review results.
- Select the Build Errors tab to review error messages.
- Section complete. The next step will be to review/submit the voucher(s).
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
Video Tutorial Via Panopto
View the external link to SF Voucher Build. This link will open in a new tab/window.
Let's go look at the SF4198 Single Payment Voucher example.
Navigation: Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry
- The Voucher search page displays. Select the Find an Existing Value tab.
- Enter the Business Unit and one other search criteria, like Voucher ID or Single Payment Voucher.
- Select Search.
- The Summary tab page displays.
Use the Summary tab to review the voucher status and details. Select the Invoice Information tab or the right arrow to review other tabs.
On the Invoice Information tab, optional to add attachments or scroll down to the bottom of the page to review the GL Accounting Distribution.
Select the Single Payment Supplier tab to review/verify the Student Name and address.
Optional to use the Payments tab page to update the Pay Terms or use the Action drop down arrow to Budget Check voucher or schedule for payment.
- Section complete.