Create Voucher from PO
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for how to enter regular vouchers using a PO into ctcLink.
Audience: Finance staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD Accounts Payable Inquiry
- ZZ Voucher Approval
- ZZ Voucher Entry
You must also set these User Preference Definitions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or User Preference Definitions, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
To create a Withholding Voucher from PO, first create a Purchase Order using a Withholding Supplier.
See the QRG Creating Purchase Orders Online.
Once that Purchase Order is created, follow steps below to Create a Voucher from PO.
Create Voucher from PO
Navigation: Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry
- The Voucher search page displays. Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter Business Unit.
- Enter Voucher Style = "Regular Voucher".
- Select the Add button.
- The Invoice Information tab displays.
- Expand the Copy From Source Document section by selecting the down arrow.
- Select either the 'Copy PO' button to copy all lines of the PO or the 'Copy From' drop down options to select specific PO lines to copy:
- From the Copy From Source Document section, select the Copy From drop down arrow and select Purchase Order Only.
- Select the Go button.
- The Copy Worksheet page displays. This page is where we will select the receiver to copy information from to transfer to the Worksheet.
- Enter the PO Business Unit.
- Optional to add a combination or use a range of additional PO Lookup Criteria;
- PO Number From and/or PO Number To.
- PO Line Number From and/or PO Line Number To.
- PO Date Option.
- Additional Search Criteria drop down arrow is available to drill down to specific Item ID information.
- Once your specific criteria is entered, select the Search button.
- The search results displays below with the available lines. In the Select PO Lines section, check the applicable lines to be copied.
- Select the Copy Selected Lines button to go back to invoice.
Invoice Information tab
- The Invoice Information page displays.
- Enter a meaningful Invoice Number.
- Enter Invoice Date.
- Update or verify the Location is selected for your Business Unit.
- If required, enter applicable Sales Tax. If you do not have any Tax, select the Tax Exempt box otherwise Use Tax will accrue.
- Select the Calculate button to check any error.
- Select the Attachment link to attach a document. Once document is attached, select OK.
- Select Comments link to provide comments. Once comments are entered, select OK.
- Optional to update Pay Terms to 00 = Due Immediately or 30 = Net 30 Days
- Scroll down to view the Invoice Lines section.
- Review the Distribution Lines.
- Link to original Purchase Order.
- Sales/Use Tax Calculate button.
- Select the Payments tab to change the payment schedule, schedule multiple payments, schedule direct payment to an alternate supplier and supplier location, record a manual payment, or create an express payment.
- The Remit to field displays the supplier ID of the remit to supplier for payment. The system enables you you to override the default choices for remit to supplier, location, and address.
- The Bank field specifies the bank from which the payment is issued. The values for this field appears by default, but you may override these settings.
- The Account field specifies the bank account from which the payment is issued. The values for this field appears by default, but you may override these settings.
- The Method field specifies the payment method for the voucher.
Voucher Attributes Tab
- Select the Voucher Attributes tab. Use the Voucher Attributes page to view and, if applicable, override the default transaction currency processing, the match status, the voucher approval setting, voucher processing options, tax group, and accounting instructions. Where applicable you can also pay unmatched vouchers and access SBI (Self Billing Invoice), prepayment, and Letter of Credit information on this page.
- The Status field displays the current matching status of the voucher. You can change the match status, but what you can change varies depending on where the voucher is in the matching process.
- Select the Save button.
- Notice that the Voucher ID changes from NEXT to a number generated by the system when you save your information. Three new tabs also appear after selecting save. The tabs display information related to the voucher.
If Voucher Approval framework is turned on then select Submit for Approval button from Invoice Information or Voucher Attributes page. Once you select the button, enter additional details for the Approver, if you want and select OK.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video: Creating a Voucher by using 'Copy PO' (all lines are copied).
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video: Creating a Voucher by using 'Copy From' (selected lines are copied).