Entering Single Payment Vouchers
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for entering single payment vouchers or One-Time Supplier payment vouchers in ctcLink.
Audience: Accounts Payable staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD Accounts Payable Inquiry
- ZZ Voucher Approval
- ZZ Voucher Entry
You must also set these User Preference Definitions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or User Preference Definitions, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Single Payment Vouchers are for a one-time supplier without having to create and store the supplier in the system. The system will use established settings for a single payment supplier to provide default information such as payment terms and taxes. To use Single Payment Supplier processing, it must be enabled in User Preferences.
Note: Single Payment Vendors cannot be used for transactions that are 1099 reportable.
Navigation: Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry
- The Voucher search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter your Business Unit.
- Enter the Voucher Style = "Single Payment Voucher". Other related fields will populate.
- Select Add.
- The Single Payment Supplier tab page displays.
- Enter Supplier Information:
- Enter Supplier Name.
- Enter Address 1.
- Enter City.
- Enter Zip Code.
- Enter State.
- Select the Invoice Information tab.
The Invoice Information page enables you to enter or view invoice information, including invoice header information, non-merchandise charges, and voucher line and distribution information.
- On the Invoice Information tab, enter valid field values:
- Enter the Invoice No or Invoice Number.
- Enter the Invoice Date.
- Optional to update the Pay Terms. Depending upon your setup, the pay terms may default to '00' for due immediately or '30' for net 30.
- Under the Invoice Total section, enter the Total.
- If required enter applicable Sales Tax. If you do not have any sales tax then please make sure that you have checked the Tax Exempt checkbox otherwise Use Tax will accrue.
- Select Calculate.
Note: the Accounting Date defers to the current date. Even though the Invoice Date maybe in a closed month, AP Processes in the current/open month.
Note: Use the Attachments link to upload backup documents as needed.
- Scroll down to view the Invoice Lines section.
- Use the Distribute By field to determine the distribution method, either "Amount" or "Quantity". The default is Amount only. If Distribute By is "Quantity" then enter the Quantity and UOM field.
- Enter or lookup Item. If you don't have one, enter a Description.
- Enter the ChartField distribution details that will be charged with the expense coded on the distribution line.
- Select the Payments tab.
Note that the Merchandise Amt field is updated based on the Total entered.
- On the Payments tab, validate Payment Options section banking details.
- Select Save to generate the Voucher ID number.
- Depending upon your Tax Exempt checkbox or Sales Tax entry selection, a Use Tax message may or may not display.
- Select OK.
- The Voucher ID has been generated.
- On the Invoice Information tab, run the 'Budget Check' process by using the Action drop down menu to select Budget Checking.
- Select Run.
You can access the Budget Checking and other action items from the following tab pages:
- Related Documents tab.
- Invoice Information tab.
- Payments tab.
- Voucher Attributes tab.
- A message displays 'Do you want to wait for the process to be completed? Voucher will be displayed after process ends.'
- Select Yes.
- If Voucher Approval framework is turned on then select Submit for Approval from the Voucher Attributes page (or the Invoice Information page). After you select the button, optional to add additional details for the Approver and then select OK.
- The Approval Summary tab page displays.
- A message regarding Use Tax displays. Select the OK button.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View the external link to Entering Single Payment Vouchers. This link will open in a new tab/window.