9.2 Entering Single Payment Vouchers
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for entering single payment vouchers in ctcLink.
Audience: Accounts Payable staff
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD Accounts Payable Inquiry
- ZZ Voucher Approval
- ZZ Voucher Entry
You must also set these User Preference Definitions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or User Preference Definitions, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Single Payment Vouchers are for a one-time supplier without having to create and store the supplier in the system. The system will use established settings for a single payment supplier to provide default information such as payment terms and taxes. To use Single Payment Supplier processing, it must be enabled in User Preferences.
Note: Single Payment Vendors cannot be used for transactions that are 1099 reportable.
Entering Single Payment Vouchers
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry
- The Voucher search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter Business Unit.
- Enter Voucher Style = "Single Payment Voucher".
- Select Add.
- The Single Payment Supplier tab page displays.
- Enter Supplier Name.
- Enter Address 1.
- Enter City.
- Enter Zip Code.
- Enter State.
- Select the Invoice Information tab.
- The Invoice Information tab displays.
The Invoice Information page enables you to enter or view invoice information, including invoice header information, non-merchandise charges, and voucher line and distribution information.
- Enter Invoice No.
- Enter Invoice Date.
- Enter Pay Terms.
- Enter Total.
- If required enter applicable Sales Tax. If you do not have any sales tax then please make sure that you have checked the Tax Exempt checkbox otherwise Use Tax will accrue.
- Select Calculate.
Note: the Accounting Date defers to the current date. Even though the Invoice Date maybe in a closed month, AP Processes in the current/open month.
Note: Use the Attachments link to upload backup documents as needed.
- Scroll down to view the Invoice Lines section.
- Use the Distribute By field to determine the distribution method, either "Amount" or "Quantity". The default is Amount only. If Distribute By is "Quantity" then enter the Quantity and UOM field.
- Enter Item; if you don't have one, enter Description.
- Note that the Merchandise Amt field is updated based on the Total entered.
- Enter the ChartField distribution details that will be charged with the expense coded on the distribution line.
- Select the Payments tab.
- The Payments tab displays.
- Validate Payment Options section banking details.
- Select Save to generate the Voucher ID number.
- A Use Tax message displays. Select OK.
- The Voucher ID has been generated.
- Run the Budget Check process by using the Action drop down menu to select Budget Checking.
- Select Run.
- A message displays 'Do you want to wait for the process to be completed? Voucher will be displayed after process ends.'
- Select Yes.
- If Voucher Approval framework is turned on then select Submit for Approval from the Voucher Attributes page (or the Invoice Information page) . After you select the button, optional to add additional details for the Approver and then select OK.
- The Approval Summary page displays.
- A message regarding Use Tax displays. Select OK.
- Process complete.
Add your comment