9.2 Withholding Supplier Update
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for changing Withholding applicability, entity, type, jurisdiction, and/or class.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ 1099 Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Note: After completing the update, you must run the Withholding Update Process. (Example - Review the Vouchers with 1099 Flag filed, vouchers marked “Y” are set up for 1099 processing. Vouchers marked “N” are not set up for 1099 processing. If vouchers flagged “N”, should be “Y”).
Withholding Supplier Update
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Suppliers > 1099/Global Withholding > Maintain > Update Supplier Withholdings
- On the Withholding Supplier Update search page, select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter Withholding Update ID.
- Select Add. The Withholding Supplier Update page will display.
NOTE: When adding a new Withholding Supplier Update, the Withholding Update ID, similar to a
Run Control ID, can be any character string of your choice. Once you select Add you will be taken to the Withholding Supplier Update page where you can add updates.
- On the Withholding Supplier Update page, select an Action.
- Enter or lookup Supplier SetID.
- Enter or select Start Date and End Date.
- On the Supplier tab, enter Supplier ID (same as Withholding ID).
- Enter or select Location.
- Enter or select Business Unit.
NOTE: On the New Withhold Details tab, you will enter the actual updated information for the Supplier. You can change whether the Supplier is withholding or not. You can also update the Withholding class. To update additional Suppliers, insert a new row.
- Select the New Withhold Details tab.
- Enter or select "Y" in New Withhold.
- Enter or select "IRS" in Entity.
- Enter or select "1099N" in New Type.
- Enter or select "01" in New Class.
- Select Run. A message box will display with additional information.
- The message box encourages the user to verify that the Tax Reporting Start and End Dates are correct. If the dates entered are correct, select OK on the message box. The Process Monitor page will display. Please refer to the Process Scheduling QRG for further instructions.
- On the Withholding Supplier Update page, note that after successful completion of the process, the Criteria will be "Database Updated".
- Select Save.
- Process complete.