Using AP WorkCenter
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for using the Accounts Payable WorkCenter in ctcLink.
Audience: Accounts Payable Administrator
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Accts Payable Workcenter
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
The Accounts Payable WorkCenter is a role-based central navigational component that is designed to help users of the AP application organize and streamline their workload. It provides a single place to perform a broad range of tasks without leaving the WorkCenter, such as journal functions with exception alerts, monthly closing activities, or reconciliation and reporting, resulting in improved efficiency, productivity, and effectiveness. The WorkCenter is a global configuration that can be tailored to individual requirements. It will be delivered with the most common tasks and links that are applicable to most users.
A WorkCenter is divided into a Task area and a Work area. You click on a link to perform the Task in the Work area, without ever leaving the WorkCenter. When you are finished with a Task, you can quickly select the next one, and open it in the Work area. This functionality improves efficiency and effectiveness, and reduces the need to keep navigating through the menu structure to perform your job duties.
The WorkCenter is composed of the following pagelets. Each pagelet is discussed in this Quick Reference Guide.
The pagelets are:
- My Work pagelet - Access to your most commonly-performed tasks, including exceptions and alerts for items requiring your attention.
- Links pagelet - Access your most commonly-used pages. This pagelet is similar to the Favorites menu, but more user-friendly.
- Queries pagelet - Access Query Manager, public queries, private queries, and pivot grids.
- Reports and Processes pagelet - Access reports and processes that you use most often.
Navigation: Accounts Payable > Accounts Payable WorkCenter.
The Accounts Payable WorkCenter welcome page displays.
- Two side arrows - select to expand/collapse the Task Panel.
- Refresh icon - select to refresh the page to see changes.
- Ellipsis or 3 vertical dots - personalize icon.
- Ten horizontal dots - select and drag up or down to view Task Panel areas.
The My Work pagelet will be pre-configured with many links that can assist users in performing day-to-day Asset Management duties. It will show the statuses and counts for lines in error and notification of pending processes. Selecting a link will open a Work area pagelet where actions can be taken, such as Pending Depreciation Calculation (view 2 items) or editing a line to correct errors, etc.
Users cannot add links to the My Work pagelet, only modify the display options.
Once the Edit Filters have been activated, optional to personalize the My Work section appearance.
- On the Main tab, select the three dot icon and then select Personalize.
- The Define User My Work Links page displays.
- On this page, you can indicate the display order, if you want the groups collapsed or expanded, if the count or link should display, or if the link should open on the Accounts Payable WorkCenter starting page.
Field Descriptions on the Personalization Page are listed below.
- Select Save to save any changes then select the 'X' to close out the window to return to the main Accounts Payable WorkCenter page.
The Queries section displays commonly used Queries for your Accounts Payable WorkCenter. Predefined default Queries will display.
Depending upon your security role access, you can Personalize your WorkCenter pagelets. Add your own Group Query List of your favorite or frequently used Queries, see below for example: MY QUERIES.
- Under the Accounts Payable Queries section, select a query link.
- The Vendor Query displays in the transaction area.
- Enter the search criteria and select view results.
Optional to Personalize the Queries section on your WorkCenter and create your own Queries Group. Add additional favorite queries.
- Select the three dot icon and select Personalize.
- The Define User Query Links page displays.
- On this page you can configure the display order (if the second query should display before the first, then give the second query a Display Order value lower than the first query), the show link, and starting page options. Also deselect pages (uncheck the show link box) to hide from view. Select Save to save changes.
- Optional to add your own queries to the WorkCenter. Select the plus icon [+] to add a new Query Group.
- Input a Group Label and display order, example below is 'MY QUERIES'.
- In the Query Definition section, input the Display Order then the Query Name.
- Enter desired query or select the magnifying glass look up tool in this field to use the basic or advanced lookup as needed.
- Optional to select the plus/minus icons [+] at the end of the row to add/delete row(s).
- Select Save.
Optional to override the Title/Description by selecting the Override Title/Description check box and manually entering a Description.
- A message will display to refresh the pagelet to see your changes. Select OK.
- Close out the Personalization page by selecting the 'X' in the upper right hand corner to return to the AP WorkCenter.
Refresh the pagelet to see your changes. The added Query Group and new queries will then be available.
The Reports/Processes section includes access to frequently used reports and processes. The links in this section take you directly to the Run Control page for common reports or processes. Predefined default Reports/Processes displays.
- By selecting one of the selections from the task panel, the report/process opens up in the transaction area.
- The Reports section includes links to these transaction pages:
- Trial Registry
- Payables Open Liability
- Supplier Liability Aging
- Supplier Balance
- Voucher Activity
- Open Liability Reconciliation
- Payment History by Bank
- The Process section includes links to these transaction pages:
- Process Monitor
- Report Manager
Similar to the steps how to Customize the Queries Pagelet, optional to Personalize the Report/Processes section on your WorkCenter by creating your own Reporting Group. Select the ellipsis or vertical three dots and then select Personalize. Available customization:
- To create your own Reports/Process Link Group select the Plus icon.
- Enter or use the lookup tool to add Report Name. Select the plus icon [+] to add additional Reports.
- Optional reorder the Link List 'Display Order'.
- Select or Deselect the 'Show Link' boxes.
- Select or Deselect 'Start Group Collapsed'.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. This video includes audio and closed captioning. Select the play button to start the video. - coming soon!