9.2 Viewing Workgroup Configuration
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for viewing Workgroup screens in ctcLink.
Audience: Time and Labor Administrators.
Workgroups are subgroups that every employee can be enrolled in after their Job Data is created for a given Empl Record. They are usually grouped by Payroll Pay Groups, but there can be subsets of populations within a given Pay Group (i.e. represented by a union or not represented by a union).
Note: Only SBCTC has authorization to manage Workgroup configuration.
View Workgroup Configuration
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up HCM > Product Related > Time and Labor > Rules and Workgroups > Workgroup
- The Workgroup search page displays.
- Enter a workgroup or leave blank to return all values.
- Or select the Add a New Value tab and enter applicable value.
- Select the Search or Add button.
- The Search Results display.
- Select the applicable Workgroup link.
- The Workgroup page displays.
There are distinctive fields that define Workgroups:
- Time Type: Positive or Exception, this determines the kind of time a workgroup is classified under (Note: This does not determine if the timesheet itself is elapsed or punch, that is assigned by Job under Time Reporting Template)
- Rule Program ID: This attaches all the rules that will execute for time submitted for this workgroup when Time Administration runs
- TRC Program ID: This defines which Time Reporting Codes show up on the timesheet
- Round Punches Before Rules: only applies to punch time
- Round Duration After Rules: can apply to punch or elapsed time
- Holiday Schedule: typically either NONE or WACTC (Washington State Holiday Calendar), can be overridden at the Job level.
- Time Period ID: SEMI-MONTHLY, this defines pay periods for Time and Labor.
- Schedule Group: typically WACTC the global schedule group for elapsed, or blank for positive time reporters.
- Schedule ID: required if an ID is chosen for Schedule Group, typically an 8 hour day, 5 days a week M-F is chosen as the default, but other options are available in Schedule ID, this can be overridden at the Job level
- Create Partial Work Hours for Partial Absence: selected for Exception, not selected for Positive.
- All Daybreaker options indicate that the day breaks at midnight.
Approval/Timesheet Control Tab
Approvals in Workgroups
- Supervisor must approve payable time otherwise it will not be generated or paid from reported time.
- Workgroups where time is automatically paid through payroll do not need payable time approvals (i.e. Classified exception time reporters, Exempt, Part Time Faculty, and Faculty).
- Overtime Requests must be approved by the supervisor when the employee submits an Overtime Request in Self-Service.
- Only workgroups who have overtime eligible reporters need overtime approval workflow.
- Timesheet Totals: Exclude Breaks and Meals (i.e. employees are not paid for breaks and meals as indicated in punch time).
- Show Sched Hours and Deviation: only selected for exception time reporters.
- Require Employee Sign-Off on Timesheet: All employees must provide sign off.
- Allow Others to Submit Time for Employee: Managers and admins may submit time for an employee.
- Notify Employee of Changes: Employees are notified when a manager submits time on their behalf.
- The process to view workgroup configuration is now complete.
- End of procedure.