9.2 Entering Adjustment Vouchers
Purpose: Use adjustment vouchers to adjust existing vouchers amount or to relate two vouchers to each other. It can also be used to process credit and debit memos against a voucher that has been posted and thus cannot be modified. This section discusses entering adjusting information manually or copying the voucher that you want to adjust into the adjustment voucher.
Audience: Finance/Accounts Payable staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZD Accounts Payable Inquiry
- ZZ Voucher Approval
- ZZ Voucher Entry
You must also set these User Preference Definitions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or User Preference Definitions, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Adjustment Voucher can be created to correct incorrect data entry if a voucher has already been posted, but just needs to be adjusted. These vouchers can be linked to the Regular voucher that needs adjustment. When Adjustment Vouchers are posted, the accounting entries are updated.
For example: A supplier overcharged you for products you ordered. One of your suppliers over charged you for your company's staff lunch meeting. Using an Adjustment Voucher will help correct the amount.
Entering Adjustment Vouchers
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry
- The Voucher search page displays.
- Select the Add a New Value tab.
- Select Voucher Style = "Adjustments".
- Enter Short Supplier Name.
- Enter Invoice Date.
- Select Add.
The Invoice Information page enables you to enter or view invoice information, including invoice header information, non-merchandise charges and voucher line and distribution information.
The Pay Terms page is populated with default payment terms. Some of the default terms are: 30/60/90EM, Next Month, Net30 and EOM.
- The Invoice Information tab displays.
- In the Copy From Source Document section:
- Enter Voucher ID.
- Select Copy to Voucher.
- On the Invoice Information page, whether you use the 'Copy to Voucher' button, the system populates the Related Voucher field on the invoice line with the adjusted voucher's voucher ID to link the adjustment voucher lines to the voucher that you are adjusting.
- Enter Total.
- Enter Description.
- Enter Line Amount.
- Enter Merchandise Amt.
- Use the GL Unit field to enter the General Ledger business unit that will be charged with the expense coded on the distribution line.
- Select Save.
- The Adjustment Voucher will be budget checked, approved and posted.
- Process complete.