9.2 Performing Voucher Build
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for performing voucher build in ctcLink.
Audience: Accounts Payable staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Voucher Processing
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Regardless the data source, the same Voucher Build process is run. For example, Payment Vendor Payment, SF Student Refunds, and AR Refunds.
Performing Voucher Build
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Accounts Payable> Batch Processes > Vouchers > Voucher Build
- On the Voucher Build Request search page, select the Add a New Value tab.
- Enter a Run Control ID.
- Select Add. The Voucher Build Request page displays.
- On the Voucher Build Request page, enter the Run Control Options.
- Enter Request ID.
- Enter Description.
- Enter From Date
- Enter To Date
- Select Process Process Option.
- Select Voucher Sources.
- For Voucher Sources you can select a source or populate "All (Unrrestricted)" to get all sub system vouchers.
- Select Business Unit - Your Institution.
- In the Interfaces Section, select "All Interfaces" in Voucher Build Interfaces. The Contract Voucher Action field will display.
- Select "Build Voucher" in Contract Voucher Action.
- Select Run. View the Process Scheduler QRG for additional instructions.
By the time Student Financials Student Refunds are journalized into Finance, they are pre-approved and 'staged' for payment. Use the following steps as a guide to help process SF Student Refunds.
Navigation: NavBar: Navigator > Reporting Tools > Query > Query Viewer
- The Query Viewer displays.
- In the Search By field box, enter QFS_AP_VOUCHER_STAGING.
- Select Search to view the results below.
- Select Run to HTML.
- Enter the Business Unit.
- Select View Results.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Accounts Payable > Batch Processes > Vouchers > Voucher Build
- The Voucher Build main page displays.
- In the Run Control Options, enter in the desired criteria;
- Request ID.
- From Date and To Date.
- Process Option defaults to Business Unit.
- Voucher Sources marked All (Unrestricted) will pull from all Sub Modules.
- In the Selection Parameters section, enter your college's Business Unit.
- In the Voucher Build Interfaces section, select XML Invoice to pull all SF Vouchers.
- Select Run.
Optional to use the From Date and To Date to capture specific SF Vouchers within a date range. Leaving the date fields blank will populate all available vouchers.
Refresh the page, select the Refresh Log button, or select the Process Monitor link to view the process status.
- Select the Process Message tab to review results.
- Select the Build Errors tab to review error messages.
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry
Let's go look at the SF95 Voucher example.
- The Voucher search page displays.
- Enter the Business Unit and one other search criteria, like Voucher ID or Single Payment Voucher.
- Select Search.
Use the Summary tab to review the voucher status and details. Select the Invoice Information tab or the right arrow to review other tabs.
On the Invoice Information tab, optional to add attachments or scroll down to the bottom of the page to review the GL Accounting Distribution.
Select the Single Payment Supplier tab to review/verify the Student Name and address.
Optional to use the Payments tab page to update the Pay Terms or use the Action drop down arrow to Budget Check voucher or schedule for payment.
- Process complete.