9.2 Maintaining Premium Shift Rates
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for updating custom shift rate configuration in ctcLink.
Audience: Time and Labor Admin, ERP/Central Payroll.
If a bargaining agreement or other change in process requires the shift differential premium to be updated then either the college Time and Labor configuration expert, or ERP will need to update the Shift Premium Rates.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZC Payroll Data Maintenance
- ZD HR Local Config Vw
- ZD TL View Local Config
- ZZ HR Local Configuration
- ZZ Payroll Data Maintenance
- ZZ Payroll Processing
- ZZ TL Maintain Local Config
If you need assistance with the above security roles, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Maintaining Premium Shift Rates
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Set Up HCM > CTC Custom > Premium Shift Rate Table
- The Premium Shift Rate Table search page displays.
- Enter the Company.
- Select the Search button.
- The Shift Premium Rates page displays.
- Effective Date should be the first day of the new agreement or when the new rate should be active.
- All rates are associated by:
- EMPL CLASS,
- TRC, Shift,
- and Rate.
- The only thing that tends to change over time is Rate. Both the Earn Code in Payroll and the Shift Premium Rate Table must be changed/aligned. ERP maintains the Earn Codes in Payroll.
- The process of maintaining premium shift rates is now complete.
- End of procedure.