Closing a Voucher
Purpose: Use this document as a reference for closing a voucher in ctcLink.
Audience: Accounts Payable staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Voucher Processing
You must also set these User Preference Definitions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or User Preference Definitions, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
Close vouchers when you want the remaining liability to be written off from the supplier balance and the voucher to be considered complete. For example, say you have items in dispute and you and the supplier have agreed that you will not make a payment on these items. Close the voucher to credit the expense accounts and debit the liability accounts for the portion of the voucher that remains unpaid.
To close a voucher, the voucher must be:
- Not selected for payment
- Not fully paid
It is recommended to establish each user with the specific access associated with their job duties and is not recommended to simply copy one user's access to another user as this could lead to overallocation of access. However, there are situations where a group of staff within a single department all require the same access to perform similar work. In that case, the COPY function provides the ability to apply all Process Group definitions from one user to another without having to search and enter each Source Transaction and Process Group combination.
Please refer to the QRG FSCM Security - Process Groups
Navigation: Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Close Voucher
- The Voucher Close search page displays. Enter Business Unit.
- Optional to enter additional Search Criteria to identify your voucher or select Search to populate results below.
- The Close Voucher tab displays.
- In the Process Manual Close section, select the Mark Voucher for Closure checkbox. This indicates that this voucher is to be closed with the next posting run for this business unit.
- A message box may display; select the Yes button. This will restore the encumbrance and re-open the PO. Another window will appear to restore the encumbrance; select the PO then select OK.
- Optional to enter Comments.
- Select Save.
- After marking the voucher for closure, you must run Voucher Posting to create the accounting entries to relieve the liability.
- Process complete.
The video below demonstrates the process actions described in the steps listed above. There is no audio included with this video. Select the play button to start the video.
View the external link to Closing a Voucher. This link will open in a new tab/window.