9.2 Creating Manual Payments
Purpose: Use this document to create a manual payment in ctcLink.
Audience: Finance Staff/Accounts Payable staff.
You must have at least one of these local college managed security roles:
- ZZ Payment Creation
You must also set these User Preference Definitions:
If you need assistance with the above security roles or User Preference Definitions, please contact your local college supervisor or IT Admin to request role access.
The Manual Payment Creation feature enables you to track manual payments in your PeopleSoft Payables system by creating manual payment worksheets and applying one or more vouchers to them.
Creating Manual Payments
Navigation: NavBar > Navigator > Accounts Payable > Payments > Manual Payment and Prepayment > Create Manual Payment
- The Manual Pay Creation search page displays.
- Enter the global Bank SetID WACTC.
- Enter your college Bank Code.
- Enter your college Bank Account.
- Enter desired Payment Method.
- Select Add.
- The Manual Pay Selection page displays.
- Enter or look up Remit Supplier.
- Enter Supplier Location.
- Enter Payment Currency.
Select the Match Currency option if you want the system to return scheduled payments with the same payment currency. If you do not select this option, the system returns all eligible scheduled payments for the remit supplier regardless of their payment currency and converts them to the selected supplier's currency.
Select the Withholding Calculated option if you want the manual payment worksheet functionality to return only those vouchers for the remit supplier that have had withholding calculated (meaning, those vouchers for which withholding has been calculated at voucher posting time and have been posted).
If this option is not selected, all vouchers for the remit supplier are available on the manual payment worksheet excluding all paid payment schedules and vouchers that are set to have withholding calculated at voucher posting and have not yet been posted.
Use the fields in the Optional Criteria group box to limit the vouchers that the system returns. For example, you can limit the search to vouchers with the same pay to bank or to vouchers with specific scheduled pay dates.
Use the Build Worksheet button to create a temporary worksheet for the manual draft payment, based on the remit supplier, supplier location, and payment currency that you specified.
NOTE: Only scheduled voucher payments that are regular vouchers, registered vouchers, reversal vouchers, third-party vouchers, or adjustment vouchers are returned for application to manual payments.
- Select Build Worksheet.
- The Man Pay Worksheet tab displays.
- Use the Payment Date field to record the actual payment date.
- The Accounting Date field holds the posting date.
- The Payment Ref will default to NEXT to generate a new number at save time based on the next sequential number in the bank account.
- Select the Apply Voucher tab.
Optional to make the Payment Ref ID the current date, the below example as an example 06222022.
Use the Apply Voucher page to apply scheduled vouchers to the manual payment. *NOTE: the fields in this section have the same functionality as on the Manual Pay Selection page. Use them to further limit the vouchers that appear based on the payment date range and currency of the payment.
Select any of the voucher IDs listed to access the Voucher Inquiry page for that voucher.
- Select the Select option on the first row.
- Apply the selected manual payment and recalculate the total applied and balance amounts.
- Select Refresh.
- Select the Man Pay Worksheet tab.
This field displays the difference between the manual payment amount and the total amount of the applied scheduled payments.
NOTE: The manual payment is only created in the PAYMENT_TBL when the balance is 0.00, that is, when the payment is fully applied to scheduled payments. Otherwise, only the manual payment worksheet is saved.
- Use the Man Pay Worksheet (manual pay worksheet) page to enter manual payment information.
- Enter valid value in the Amount field.
- Select Refresh.
- Select Save.
- A message window displays.
- Select OK.
- Process complete.
Add your comment